Chapter 10 - Welcome to the Chunin Exams, Genin!

Sasuke closed his eyes as he rested against the column of the academy. His arms were crossed across his chest and he leaned back coolly with his usual smug smirk on his face. He currently waiting on his team to show up for the exams. After their little confrontation with the Sand genin yesterday, Kakashi called a last minute team meeting, handing them their chunin exam applications, confirming the Sand kunoichi's reasons for being in the village.

The Uchiha grinned at the thought of the Suna team. He was itching for his chance to fight the red headed one. He knew from the start that he was strong and the look in his eyes told him that he was going to be a challenge. He finally had someone worthy enough to face with his newly unlocked sharingan. The thought of their fight got his blood pumping.

"SASUKE-KUN!" a feminine voice yelled, pulling the Uchiha out of his musings.

Sasuke opened his eyes and looked up to find his pink-haired teammate walking toward him. He inwardly sighed as he pushed off the column, standing straight.

"Good morning." She said a little nervously with a light blush on her cheeks.

Sasuke spared her a glance. "Yeah...." was his dry response.

"Where's Naruto-baka?" Sakura asked as she looked around for her orange wearing teammate.

"Tch, I don't know." Sasuke answered nonchalantly. "I haven't seen him."

"Doesn't he know that the exams start in 10 minutes?" she began to fume. "He's getting worse than sensei!"

"Maa maa, Sakura. You're always so angry." a new voice said with a yawn. "Maybe you should visit the Yamanaka's to help you out with that."

A tick mark formed on Sakura's forehead as she turned around to meet the main annoyance in her life. She swear he was more annoying now than when he would ask her out on dates. Their teammate walked towards them with his arms crossed behind his head and a relaxed way. His eyes were closed and his breathing was slow, and there light bags under his eyes. His teammates silently wondered what he was doing to be so tired.

"Why you-" Sakura started as she was about to punch him in the head, only for Naruto to evade.

Naruto clicked his tongue. "Not today, Sakura. I'm going to have to take a rain check on that one." he said with a grin, further angering the girl.

"Dobe." Sasuke said with his usual greeting.

"Teme." Naruto responded.

Sakura just settled with a huff as she jogged to catch up with her teammates who were walking toward the doors. She was still trying to get used to this new Naruto.

"Why were you late?" she demanded in annoyance.

Naruto spared her a glance before he answered. "I overslept." he said.

"Hn." Sasuke commented.

Naruto just rolled his eyes and opened the door. He really hated it when people didn't mind their own damn business. When team 7 entered in to the building, they saw a large crowd surrounding one of the doors. Naruto just raised an eyebrow as he saw a kid with a bowl-style haircut get kicked to the ground by two chunin under a henge, guarding a door with a genjutsu on it. He concluded that they were probably trying to reduce the number of teams participating. He glanced over the Uchiha who was looking at the scene with interest. He could literally feel the nervousness rolling off of Sakura. Poor girl. She wasn't going to know what to do with herself once they reached the second test.

"So, you're going to attempt taking the exams with that skill?" one of them said mockingly as they looked at green wearing genin.

"Maybe it'd be best if you runts quit." the other said with a sadistic grin.