Chapter 12 - Side Plans and Reunions

A black blur zoomed through the village as it headed towards the Shinobi Residential District. It was 3 hours until midnight and most shinobi and civilian alike were on their way home while others traveled to the local bars and eateries to hang out. Ninja were returning from the from their missions and a few messengers reported to the Hokage's Tower to send word of arriving feudal lords and spectators who come to watch the exams. Passing participants where either returning to their hotels or wondering around the village, under the supervision of hidden ANBU operatives. While everyone was out and about, enjoying their leisure time, a certain commander was moving throughout the village, taking care of personal matters.

Said commander landed on the roof of one of the apartment buildings of the shinobi district before disappearing into the night once more. He stealthily made his way to the apartment building he was looking for, moving about the shadows to get through the open window of the fourth floor of residential building 10. As he slipped through the window, he silently landed on the wooden floors of a bedroom, next to a dresser. He closed the window behind him before closing the curtains. You never knew who was watching.

Kitsune heard the sudden whir of a blade flying towards him, causing him to bring his had up. He caught the blade with two fingers, looking in the direction of the projection.

"Is that how you greet everyone, Anko?" Kitsune asked, raising an eyebrow under his mask.

"Yes." Anko said as she came out of the shadows. She walked to the door and turned on the lights, revealing the fox mask and dark clothing of the ANBU commander. "Especially strangers who sneak into my house late at night."

"You wound me, Anko-chan." the operative said as he released his transformation.  "Is that what I am to you, now? What about all we 've been through together?" he said dramatically.

Kitsune was now standing at 4'8" with sunny blonde hair. He took his masked off, revealing a set of whisker marks on each cheek and a pair of icy blue eyes that seemed to soften as they landed on Anko. Naruto sealed his mask away before making his way over to the tokubetsu jonin. Anko's eyes never left him as he approached him. When he got close enough, she punched him in the head, sending him crashing into the floor.

"ITAI!" Naruto yelled as he tried to recover and pick himself off the floor. Anko only smirked as he rubbed his head and glared up at her. "What the hell was that for?!" he yelled her.

Anko put her hands on her hips. "Where the hell have you been all this time?" she asked him. "I haven't seen your little ass in three years."

"I was busy." he answered.

"Oy, don't get snappy with me, brat. I'm not the one that too busy to see his nee-chan." she said as she turned away from him and crossed her arms with a pout.

"You know it's not like that, Anko-chan." Naruto said.

"Hm." Anko continued to pout.

Naruto rolled his eyes and pulled out a scroll with him. He knew just the thing to remedy her foul mood. When the sweet scent of dango hit her nostrils, Anko quickly turned around and snatched them from out of his hand. Putting distance between them, Anko hissed at Naruto while pointing a kunai at him.

"Mine." she growled out.

Naruto put his hands up in surrender with an amused glint in his eyes. "Consider it a peace offering." he said.

Anko looked at him skeptically before she slowly put the kunai away. Sparing him one final glance, Anko sat on the bed and looked down at the basket of dango skewers. She literally drooled at the sight. Naruto sweat-dropped as she began to eagerly consume the chewy sweets. He knew he had no right to judge. Sometimes he was just as bad with ramen, if not worst. He sighed at himself in disappointment. He was a loon.