Chapter 19 - Meeting the Gama Sennin

Naruto hummed as he walked through the halls of the hospital. He had tried go check on Rock Lee, but the doctors where all being pricks about it. While he understood the need for surgery and evaluation, it took medics approximately 3 hours to do all of that. It had been almost 6 hours since Rock Lee's fight with Gaara. They should have been done with that. He was fully aware that most of the staff and faculty there didn't like him. He had been to the hospital countless times and received poor treatment and even a few assassination attempts. It was sad really. Had he not learned a few medic ninjutsu himself and apprenticed under Chief, he was sure he would be dead by now.

He sighed as he neared he reception desk. He could already feel her hatred in her gaze. The feeling reminded him of when he would go to the Hokage's office and pass his secretary. She never liked him and would sometimes lie about the Hokage being in his office. Stupid bitch. He was cut out of his musings when Kakashi walked toward him from the other hall. He sighed. What in the hell did he want?

"Sensei." Naruto said lamely.

"Naruto." Kakashi said with an eye smile that seemed a little bit forced. "I've been looking for you."

"I can see that." Naruto said blankly. "What do you want."

"I just wanted to talk to you about the finals." Kakashi said a bit hesitantly.

Naruto raised an eyebrow before crossing his arms over his chest. "I know you are going to train Sasuke, sensei. You did not have to see me for me to know." he commented. "It was an expected outcome."

Kakashi winced at this. It honestly made him feel even worst about the situation. "Naruto, I-" he started.

"I understand." Naruto said in bitter mirth as he turned away from his sensei. "He needs it more, ne?" he commented as he began to walk away. "And you can tell Ebisu to go home. He won't be much help much anyway."

"You do know that Ebisu is a tokubetsu jonin specialized in training elite ninja, right?" Kakashi replied.

Naruto ignored him and continued down the hallway toward the exit. He really didn't feel like dealing with either jonin at the moment. Kakashi sighed as he watched his student walk out of the hospital. He groaned at himself as he drug his hand over his face. 'What kind of sensei am I.....?' he thought as he felt Ebisu's chakra signature nearing him. He looked up to face the jonin who adjusted his glasses. He had dark hair and wore the standard Konoha shinobi outfit without a flak jacket and a bandanna like hitai-ate.

"So where is your student, Kakashi?" he asked with a mixture of disdain and contempt.

Kakashi frowned a little at this before he recovered with an eye smile. "He just left." he replied.

Ebisu seemed to frown at this. "I thought you were telling him that I would be training him this month." he said.

"I did." Kakashi said as he pulled out his copy of Icha Icha Paradise.

"How dare you read such disgraceful content?!" Ebisu explained..

Kakashi lazy eye briefly glanced at the tokubetsu jonin. "Give me a break, Ebisu." he said as he flipped a page.

"So why is he not here?" Ebisu replied, secretly trying to sneak a peek at what Kakashi was reading.

"He said he didn't need your training." Kakashi replied as he began to walk away.

"What?!" Ebisu exclaimed. "How dare he denies the training of one Konoha's best? Who does that brat think he is?!" he ranted. "Such arrogance from an unlearned child."

Kakashi ignored Ebisu, too caught up in his novel. He giggled perversely as he headed toward the exit. "Well, I'll catch with later Ebisu. You'll have to look for Naruto yourself."he said before disappearing in a puff of smoke.