Chapter 27 - Unstable Jinchuriki

Sasuke stared at the boy from across the arena floor. He was currently surround by his team and his sensei. He was aware of the fight around him, but his focus was on the boy that was currently grabbing his head. What in the hell was that? That thing that had tried to grab him. Genma stood next to him, looking at the Sand ninja as well. They were talking, about what Sasuke did not know, but it seemed to be pretty intense. He felt Genma grab his shoulder, causing him to look up at him. His eyes were narrowed and he was staring directly at the Sand jonin. 'What in the hell was going on?' he thought to himself.

After they had finished talking, Baki turned toward Genma, meeting the tokubetsu jonin's gaze. He took a position in front of the Sand siblings, silently letting Genma know that he would have to fight him first if they were to ever get their hands on them. Genma narrowed his eyes at that. He had caught a glimpse of Yūgao and Tenzo fighting Sand shinobi. He inwardly groaned. It was moments like this that he wished Hayato was there. The kenjutsu specialist was currently in the hospital, recovering. He sighed as a light drip of sweat fell down his face. Baki just stared at him, watching his every move.

"Go!" he yelled. The blonde haired kunoichi looked at her sensei one last time, before her and her brothers disappeared from view, leaping up the wall.

Genma gritted his teeth. "So, is Orochimaru the host of this party?" he asked, taking a stance in front of Sasuke.

"Dunno...." Baki said with a light grin. He wondered how far Konoha had come in the strength of their shinobi. "In any case, let's heat things up."

Genma just stared at the battle-ready jonin. "Sasuke...." he finally spoke, catching the Uchiha's attention. "Sorry, but the Chunin Exam ends here." he said earning an inaudible gasp from the genin.

"You've already achieved Chunin level." he continued. "If you're a Leaf Shinobi, be of service to the Leaf!"

"In other words, I'm supposed to take down that jerk Gaara, right?" Sasuke replied. "A continuation of earlier on, ne?"

"Don't pursue too far." Genma corrected. "From here on, it's no longer an exam. It's the real thing!"

Sasuke's eybrows furrowed at this. "What I have to do though....is the same!" he responded before looking around.

He stood from his kneeling position and began to dash forward past Genma and Baki. Out the corner of his eye, he saw two ANBU fall into the stadium. One had the other with a chain wrapped around his neck. Blood trailed their fall as he noticed that a few of someone's fingers were missing. He grimaced at this as he continued to pursue his target. He had a mission and he would make sure he was successful.

Baki greeted his teeth as he watched the Uchiha begin to move. "I won't let him through!" he yelled as he drew kunai threw it toward him.

The airborne kunai was intercepted by Genma's own kunai. Baki inwardly growled as he watched Genma launch himself into the air. He got into position and prepared himself to fight. He needed to protect Gaara and get the operation done. He only hoped that the boy healed quickly so they could recommence their mission. In the shadows of the waiting room, a certain Aburame watched as the Uchiha jumped over the wall, going after the Sunan genin team. He adjusted his glasses before he took a deep breath. He disappeared in a burst of bugs, knowing that the boy was going to need some aid.

At the other side of the stadium, Kakashi saw Sasuke disappear behind the wall and knew where he was going. 'Sasuke....' he thought as he blocked an incoming kunai aimed toward him. He ducked and blocked and axle kick toward his temple. Kakashi and Gai was eventually back to back, facing the Sound ninja that tried to surround them.