Chapter 41 - The Slug Princess

Heels clicked against the hard wood floors of the building followed the by the light trot of hooves. The owner of the clicking heels looked down at the small animal that was walking beside her. She had no idea how the pig found her, but it did. With a light sigh, the blond continued to look ahead with her low pigtails lightly swaying behind her. Her grip on the handle of the suitcase in her hand tightened and a small grin formed on her face. Her apprentice was going to lose her nuts at the surprised she had in her hand.

When she got to the room, she pushed open the doors, catching the attention of the woman who was sitting at the table. She dramatically slammed the red briefcase on the table before unbuckling the locks. She then lifted the lid, revealing stacks of cash lying within it.

"What?!" the dark-hair woman exclaimed as she looked at the large sum of money in the briefcase. "C-Could this money be...?!"

"Alright!" the blonde said with a wide grin. "We're going to turn around our luck with this!"

"Where did you even get this much money?!" the ravenette said incredulously.

"Where do you think I got it, Shizune? I borrowed it." the Sannin replied as she shit the briefcase and locked it.

"You can't keep doing this, Lady Tsunade. We barely made it out of the casino last night because of your debt." Shizune argued.

"I would have paid them back." Tsunade said as she grabbed the briefcase and started toward the door. "Eventually."

Shizune sweatdropped as she watched Tsunade walk out the door. "Wait, where are we going?!?" she called out as she rushed behind her.

"To a very special place where I can win a shitload of money." she replied.

Shizune looked at her master. She could tell by the light blush of her cheeks that she had been drinking. She sighed. There wasn't any use in trying to get her master to see reason. When it came to her gambling and alcohol, nothing else mattered and logic didn't exist. She just silently followed the Sannin out of the building. There was nothing else she could do.

"Oink, oink." the little pig snorted as they walked down the street.

"I know, Ton-Ton. I know." Shizune replied tiredly.

They continued to travel through Tanzaku Gai until they finally reached a less populated side of town. They walked down a dirt path until they finally arrived at a large building that was sitting up on a hill. A large torii structure made of concrete stood in front of the set of stairs that led to a citadel like building. The roofs were painted red and the walls were light brown and stucco-like. Trees decorated the lawn and the grass was freshly cut. 'Where the hell are we?' Shizune thought as she turned to her master who was looking up at the place with a grin. Shizune groaned. Why did she get the feeling that she should have stayed at the hotel today?

"Okay! This is the place!" Tsunade announced.

Shizune took a real good look at the place recognition crossed her features and she looked at Tsunade with a disbelieving expression. "Here?!" she exclaimed.

'Here' was the gambling house that was most frequented by the entire town. She continued to stare at her sensei incredulously. She did not understand why she was coming here. Did she not know that she had a ton of people looking for her? She thought the reason for coming there in the first place was to hide from the tax and debt collectors. Not attract their attention. Even Ton-Ton had to sweat-drop and shake her head at the Sannin's lack of tactic.

Tsunade waved her hand dismissively at the woman. "You worry too much, Shizune." she said as she began to walk up the steps. "She should learn to live a little and stop being so uptight."