Chapter 7 - A Talk with Kurama

Naruto sighed as he entered into his apartment. He shut and locked the door before activating the security seals in his apartment. Our favorite blonde then walked to his bedroom, stretching his back as he went. After checking his garden, Naruto secured his back door before going to his room. He began to undress himself and grabbed a towel from his drawer. After discarding his dirty clothes to the laundry, he walked into his bathroom and turned on the shower.

The blonde genin released a relaxing sigh as the hot water sprayed onto his back. He had just returned home from cleaning and repainting the Academy. The task took most of the day and he only finished it an hour ago. Well....he and team 7, he had to mentally refrain. He groaned at that thought.

After he arrived to the Academy with Iruka, Kakashi and his teammates showed up, looking for him. To make a long story short, Team 7 ended up spending most of their day cleaning Naruto's mess. Naruto was indifferent about the whole thing for the most part. In a way, he knew what Kakashi was doing when he made Sasuke and Sakura help him clean the orange paint off the academy building. He wanted to bring the team together, but most importantly, wanted to get closer to Naruto and probably keep an eye on him as well. However, the jinchuriki thought of his efforts futile. Kakashi had long ways to go if he ever wanted to get closer to him. And it would be a cold day in hell before team 7 becomes 'a true' team, if his sensei's ideals were anything to go by.

Once he was done washing himself, he rinsed before turning off the shower. He dried himself off and walked to the sink. After taking care of his hygiene, he proceeded to cut the bathroom light off and walk to his room. He put on a pair of boxers, some shorts, and a pair of socks. He yawned with a stretch as he walked toward the kitchen. After looking through his cabinets and refigerator, he decided he was just going to make instant ramen and call it a day.

While the ramen was being cooked in the microwave, the blonde walked to his living room. He pulsed his chakra into the floor, releasing the genjutsu seals on the floor. Suddenly, his seemingly empty apartment was now the sight of many shelves. His once bare walls were now filled with shelves of many books. Other shelves were filled with scrolls, organized by color. A door had also appeared in the hallway that led to his room, that wasn't there before.

Naruto walked up to the shelf of scrolls and stooped down to the lower shelf. He grabbed two scrolls from the lower shelf, both uniquely sealed with the candle-wax insignia of the whirlpool. Just as the microwave dinged, Naruto stood and began walking back to his kitchen. After he stirred his noodles and sat them on the table, he made a familiar hand-sign.

"Kage Bushin no Jutsu" he said before a clone popped into existence beside.

As Naruto sat down, the clones eyes became red with black slit. Doing a hand-sign, the clone transformed into an older man. He was tall, standing at 6'5" with long red hair. There were three pronounced whisker marks on each of his cheeks and his skin had a red tint to it. His canines were sharp and he had front bangs that covered his forehead. He wore a black kimono with red outlining. The man was most definitely attractive, his aura roaring with power. Said man looked down at Naruto who was slurping on some of his ramen noodles.

"Naruto" the man greeted with a foxy grin.

"Kurama" Naruto greeted as he ate. "It's been a moment."

"Indeed it has." Kurama said as he stretched his limbs. "I can't remember the last time I've been in this form."

"This is actually my first time seeing you in a human form." Naruto said as he gave Kurama the look over. "I can't say I'm impressed."

A tick mark formed on Kurama's head as he scowled at the blonde. "You're not much to look at yourself, brat." he said. "Besides, women fall at the feet of the almighty Kyuubi. They are honored to entertain a greater being such as myself."