Chapter 26 - Invasion

Hiruzen gasped as the Kazekage was suddenly behind him. Tenzo and Yūgao ran toward him for support, but was met by two of the Suna guardians. The Kazekage wrapped an arm around Hiruzen's neck while raising a kunai to his throat. He suddenly leapt off the ground, taking the Hokage with him and landed on the roof top. Four hidden ninja appeared as well, dropping their disguise as they formed a square on the roof, surrounding the Kazekage.

The hidden ANBU watched as the now reveal Sound ninja revealed themselves. The Hokage's personal guard was still being held up by the Sand ninja. By the time ANBU reinforcements arrived, the Sound ninja were already going through hand seals with their knees to the ground.

"Ninpō: Four Flames Formation!" they yelled as a purple barrier began to form around the area. One of the ANBU touched the barrier and flames began to consume his body, he rolled down the roof top and onto the ground, dead.

"What do we do?" one of the ANBU said as they stood at the barrier.

The leader of the group, Ōkami, looked at the barrier before looking down at the fallen operative who had been charred to death. "We are going to have to wait for the commander to arrive." he said as he turned to the rest of his team.

"What will we do until then?" an operative with a Badger mask asked.

Ōkami didn't answer at first. As he began to think about and analyze their situation, he caught slight movements withing the shadows of the arena. He narrowed his eyes as he drew his ninjatō. This caused his team to tense as well and they reached for their weapons and went on the defense.

"There are other ANBU officers here." Ōkami stated.

One of his team members began to relax a little. "That's good, right?" he said.

"Not exactly." Ōkami stated as he kept his eyes on the one with the white cloak. "They are not our ANBU. I have never seen them in my life. And the commander did mention that there were hidden enemies amongst us. It seems we have been infiltrated."

The whole team tensed. "What shall we do?" a leopard masked ANBU asked with her kunai held in vice grip.

"We will pursue the infiltrators." Ōkami asked before jumping away from the building. His team followed.

"What about the commander's orders?" a panda mask operative asked.

"These are the commander's orders." Ōkami replied. "He told me that if we couldn't get to the Hokage, then we assist the jonin. Our current targets are above their skill set. That means its our duty to provide assistance."

No one argued the captain as they descended into the stadium. They quickly disappeared into the shadows, following the infiltrators in the nearby woods. The sounds of metal meeting metal rung in the air as their battle went into full swing. The infiltrators didn't know what hit them as they were being dispatched with little effort. Their blood would stain the green grass of the forest as Ōkami and his team ran toward the village walls to help delay the incoming invaders.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Barrier Ninjutsu, huh!?!" Gai commented as they watched the purple square barrier form around their Hokage. "To think that they could outwit the ANBU...."

"They're not just ordinary...." Kakashi trailed off.

Sakura looked at the barrier worriedly. She didn't know what to do. After she had realized that she was placed under a genjutsu, she had dispelled it. Once she was back in reality, the Kazekage had suddenly grabbed the Hokage with a kunai at his neck. She watched as the Hokage was taken to the top of the tower and shortly afterward, the purple barrier formed around them. Kakashi and Gai had appeared in her stand a couple of minutes before it happened. She wondered if they knew what's going on.