Tampering With Time

"Right on time y/n. How was home?", the ancient one greeted you and smiled.

"Good. Everything is as it should be. Now what are we training right now?"

"Hand by Hand combat. I know you were already trained in this on Asgard so I thought why not bring relics in this?", she said and waved over to another master next to you.

As you looked over to him you saw Stephen and Mordo entrer the training ground.

The master in front of you showed his relic, a simple wooden Stick or so you thought.

Something like a whip swung through the air and you quickly jumped to the side.

You started fighting and used small shields on your hand because you weren't supposed to use your own magic here in traaining.

The whip slashed across your arm, but it only left a small red mark. You caught the whip the next time it came towards your arms and ripped it out of the Masters hands, pulling him close to you in the process.

"That was good y/n but tell me what would you do now if your own magic wouldn't work on him.", the Ancient one asked and walked around you and the now struggling free Master in your arms.

"I would use his own weapons against him or just strangle him. Right now he is in a dangerous situation and can't free himself.", you explained and let the Master go.

"I really need to say this, for a small looking girl, you sure are strong.", the Master groaned out of breath and held his back.

"Okay I think this is enough now. Please Master (Choose your own name for this one) bring back the Staff if the living tribunal so Mordo may use it as well.", she ordered.

The master did so and left the room.

"Y/n I want you to know one thing, you can combine yours and our magic, did you know that?", she asked and looked over to Stephen and Mordo fighting.

You nodded, "I do, I saved multiple people on a train with it and destroyed robots.".

Stephen was now laying on the ground with Mordo standing on top of him, you and the ancient one stared at them.

*TIMESKIP*

Later at night

It was storming outside as you sat in the library, eating an apple and sorted bookshelves.

Wong went out to get a few books of other students who were not going out of their rooms because of the rain.

Suddenly you heard chains being opened and the pages of a book being turned.

You quickly rushed into the room ready to attack anyone who wanted to steal a book but instead you were faced with Stephen who read the book of time.

"What the hell are you doing here?", you hissed and sat down next to him still eating your apple.

"I couldn't sleep so I decided that I wanted to read", he said and stopped going through the book.

"What's that?" he asked and pointed at a drawing one the page he left open.

"It's the eye of Agamotto. I've read about it back a year ago when I was still on Asgard." you said and looked around.

You walked over in the other room where the three doors to the other sanctorums were, in the middle of the room on a stand there it was, the eye of Agamotto. You grabbed it and returned to Stephen.

" This is the eye of Agamotto, normally no one should touch it." you said and wanted to bring it back to its original place but Stephen stopped you and looked around.

"If you are searching for Wong, he's outside collecting books from the other students because they are too lazy to bring them back in this rain.", you said and pointed at the window behind you.

"I think we should try to bring back the pages", he whispered and looked at you.

"Are you out of your mind?! I won't be doing that there are dangers to it and it will change the time! It will create new time branches! Tampering with the continuum of probability is forbidden! Also you don't even know if it really works!", you hissed back. Stephen rolled his eyes snatched the eye out of your hands and grabbed your half eaten apple of the table and placed it in front of the book.

" I can't really open it, could you help me? ", Stephen asked and looked at you with puppy eyes.

You gave in and showed him how to open it.

He opened his eye and green little signs appeared at his fingertips.

You watched him as he experimented on your apple. After he finished he turned the page and regenerated the pages.

You walked over to Stephen and read the pages which were now there.

"The Dark Dimension. Eternal life? So that's what Kaecillius has planned.", you mumble but where suddenly pulled away from the book and Stephen.

Wong grabbed you and pulled you away from Stephen while Mordo ran at him screaming "STOP".

"Tampering with the continuum of probability is forbidden!", Mordo yelled at you and Stephen.

"I... I was... I was just doing exactly what it said in the book!", Stephen stuttered and looked at him.

"And what did the book say about the dangers of performing that ritual? I told you! ", you said and walked up to Stephen.

"Temporal manipulations can create branches in time. Unstable dimensional openings.

Spacious paradoxes! Time loops!!!" Mordo scolded.

"You want to get stuck reliving the same moment over, and over, forever, or never having existed at all", Mordo continued.

"They really should put the warnings before that stuff.", Stephen huffed and put a hand around your shoulder. If you weren't in that situation right now you would have broken his arms for that move but you decided to leave it be.

"Your curiosity could have gotten you killed.

You weren't manipulating the space-time continuum, you were wrecking it.", Mordo said and walked up to Wong to give him the book.

"We do not tamper with natural law. We defend it.", Wong said while looking at you. He was disappointed you definitely could see and feel that.

"How did you learn to do that?

Where did you learn the litany of spells required to even understand it?", Mordo asked Stephen.

"I've got a photographic memory. It's how I got my M.D. and Ph.D. at the same time but Y/n here helped me open the eye.", Stephen said and pointed at you.

"What you just did takes more than a good memory and even if Y/n helped you to open the eye, you were born for the mystic arts.", Mordo said.

"And yet, my hands still shake.", Stephen replied.

"For now, yes.", you said and looked at him.

"Not forever?", he asked.

"We're not prophets.", Mordo chuckled.

"When do you start telling me what we are?", Stephen huffed in annoyance.