The prohibited section in the Asgardian library

Current ages:

Thor : 15

Loki: 14

Y/n: 12

Your p.o.v:

It's been 4 years since your father told you about the frost giants and showed you the casket of ancient winters and that you had a chance to become queen of Asgard.

You knew that your father just said it so that you wouldn't feel left out. You researched the Asgardian history and all wars your father fought in. Normally it was strictly prohibited to go into the prohibited part of the library where all of the history books of Asgard were stored but you used your magic to get at least 4 books a day about Asgardian history and it has been working for at least 2 months. One war was quite interesting. In a book you've read there was someone named Hela but this warrior was never deeply explained, so you accused it was just a mighty warrior who helped your father to win the war. But you got curious about the last book you've read. It was about the same war that this Hela warrior dude was in but there were pages ripped out of the book. The last pages said that the corpses of the warriors were buried beneath the palace to honor the fallen.

You brought the books back to the library when suddenly you heard heavy footsteps. You exactly knew who it was, you knew every footstep in the palace but those you're hearing right now are the heavy footsteps of your father.

You tried to run into the library to return the books and cast a fast illusion of yourself on a couch by the window reading a book. You dived behind a bookshelf when you heard the door burst open. You quickly returned all the books to their original place and looked where your father was standing, but he was nowhere to be seen.

You felt a big hand on your shoulder and shrieked as you heard your fathers voice "I told you not to read those books y/n! Those are not for a former princess like you also they are in the prohibited area of the library!". You turned around to see that your father was really angry and if stares could kill you would have been dead by now.

He took you by your arm and dragged you with him into the dining hall were your mother, Loki, Thor and his friends the warrior three and Sif sat.

Frigga and Loki sprung up when they saw you being dragged into the dining hall.

" Father let go of me! I'm terribly sorry for what I did! I really am! I only wanted to know our realms history!", you screamed while struggling out of his grasp. "Let her go father, I'm sure what she did is not that bad.", Thor said while munching a piece of bread. Odin let you go and you sat down next to Loki, your eyes fixed on your plate.

"y/n! You were reading books out of the prohibited section. Everyday at least 4 books were missing and that has been going on for two months! Explain yourself!", Odin's angry voice almost shattered your glass in front of you.

Loki, Thor and even your mother looked shocked.

" I only did it because I wanted to know what we or rather said our ancestors did, who they fought and how they won. I wanted to know it for myself and not from you father. I was also wondering why books about Asgardian history would be in the prohibited section of the library. Well I guess not all stories in this book might be true because I think we would know if there are corpses buried beneath the palace. ", you said in an almost not audible voice which could only be heard because the room was echoing your small voice.

" THERE ARE CORPSES UNDER US?! ", Thor screamed and almost spat his chicken which he was now eating in your face.

" No! There are none beneath us my son! Y/n for your behavior you'll get punished! You will no longer be teached by your mother! You'll no longer be teached magic! ", Odin's words hit you straight into your chest and you started crying.

"You can't do that! She won't learn to defend herself in a fight!", Frigga almost screamed at her husband. "Then she'll have to learn how to fight! She's going to train with you from now on Thor and no buts!", Odin said and his punishment was set. You got up and left the room completely ignoring the fact that your whole family called you and that you haven't eaten anything today. You ran into the library, collected your writing supplies and a few books and went to your room.

Once you entered your room and closed the door you let all of your carried things fall onto the floor, breaking your glass of ink in the process.

With one snap of your fingers the glass with ink was repaired and stood like all other things on your desk. You couldn't believe what Odin has done, he took away your one of your only sources of happiness, the other ones being your mother and Loki. You heard footsteps in the hallway and made an illusion of an empty room so no one would see you standing in your room, crying and being left to your thoughts. You crawled under your bed and waited for the footsteps to either stop or go away. Sadly the footsteps stopped right at your door and your door opened.

You saw a pair of feet, quite small and woman-like and you instantly knew it was your mother.

You knew she could see through the illusion as she went to kneel down next to your bed and look you straight in the eye.

"Come out of there y/n. I'm not mad at you and you know it.", she calmly said. Her voice always made you feel safe, so you broke the illusion and crawled into her arms embracing her into a tight hug. You started sobbing " How could he do this? I only read those books, nothing else! There wasn't even a bad thing in those books, just a few ripped out pages in a few books." you sobbed into her shoulder. "I don't know either my dear but I talked to him about the magic lessons. I will give you lessons until you can protect yourself and I know that you already can make protection shields around other people, but you need to do that for yourself now.".

You stared at her in disbelief. " So I don't need to train with Thor? ", you asked her excitedly.

" Sadly you still need to train with Thor. ", she said with a sad look on her face.

" We will probably have our last lesson tomorrow so if you want to eat something I could sent a servant with some food here, you don't need to come back at the table. ", her loving voice always calmed you down but you weren't hungry, you just wanted to be alone right now. Frigga left your room and closed the door. You laid on your bed snuggling into your blanks and reaching for your snake plushie Loki gave you when you were born and snapped your fingers to change into your nightgown. You casted illusions of your memories of your first magic lesson with Frigga and Loki, how you and Loki played hide and seek or how you both turned into snakes to trick Thor. Loki stabbed Thor in the process which lead to a very unamused and angry Odin but it was actually quite entertaining for both of you.

A tear fell down your cheek as you fell asleep on your bed while watching the memories.