Only one of you can be king/queen

*8 year Timeskip brought to you by Loki dancing Makarena*

Current ages:

Thor: 11

Loki: 10

Y/n: 8

You and Loki sat in the library reading books about magic and new spells.

"Have you found something new y/n? Perhaps we could ask mother to teach us way more than we now know and can do now.", Loki asked you while still reading his book. "Actually I was just writing a story. ", you replied while getting up to put your book and writing supplies away. "Oh now you are writing stories? Am I too boring so that you need to write more interesting stories or perhaps are you writing about how awesome it is to have me as your big brother? ", Loki snarled mischievously at you still not looking up from his book.

You took a pillow out of a chair and snuck on behind Loki's back to get your revenge while Loki was silently reading his book or at least you thought he did. You were ready to strike and begin a pillow fight when he turned around and pulled you with the pillow onto the couch he was sitting on. "AHHHH... LOKI! STOP D.. DO NOT. T. TI... TICKLE M... MMM... MEEEE!!!!", you managed to scream out while laughing like a maniac. "That's for trying to hit me with a pillow y/n/n (your nickname)!", Loki laughed at you while you tried to struggle out of his grasp. Suddenly the library door was thrown open and Odin entered the room. You both got up and greeted your father. "My son, my daughter, I want to show you something very important come with me.", Odin's voice echoed through the room. You both got up the couch and followed your father past the throne room where Thor was waiting for the three of you. Odin took Thor and Lokis hand and you took Lokis while your father led you down into his small treasure chamber or at least you called it like that, all you knew that your father kept all his relics there.

"Once mankind accepted a simple choice, that they were not alone in this universe. Some worlds they believed to be home to their gods, others they were to fear. From a realm of cold and darkness came the frost giants, threatening the new world into a new ice age. But humanity would not face this threat alone. Our army drove the frost giants back into the heart of their own world. The cost was great and in the end, their king fell and their power source was taken from them. ( I don't exactly remember what Odin said to be honest) The last great war ended and we returned home to the internal realm, Asgard. It was Asgard and its warriors that brought peace to the universe.

But the day will come that one of you will have to defend that peace. " Odin explained to the three of you while showing you the casket of ancient winters.

" Do the frost giants still live? ", Loki asked. " When I'm king, I hunt them down and slay them all, just as you did father! " Thor exclaimed while making wild gestures and smiling at you and Loki.

" A wise king never seeks out war, but must always be ready for it. " Odin replied to Thor and walked past all of you. You smiled at your older brothers just like they did and you all ran hand in hand back to Odin. " I'm worthy father!", Thor said. "So am I!", Loki replied. You knew you would never have a chance to be the queen of Asgard, your father would rather hand it over to Thor or Loki so you didn't say anything and just went on walking when suddenly Odin picked you up and held you in his arms. "Only one of you three can ascend to the throne, you both my were born to be kings and you y/n you were born to be a worthy and powerful queen.", Odin smiled at all of you while walking out of the relics room. You saw a hammer in the corner of the room but never mentioned it to anyone, not even your father. You did not dare to ask what it was for.