Levi wished he could take back the days when things were okay. When Mia had just become a scout and their love began to bloom. He wished he could see that first smile all over again.

He hadn't seen her smile in what seemed to be years. Flowers and light once surrounded her, every time Levi gazed upon her. So, why did clouds consume her now?

Levi furrowed his brows, "This is because of you, Mia-" He looked her up and down, "-This is because the only person you've been focused on since you've been here is Eren."

Her jaw dropped. She couldn't believe what she was hearing.

"You say that as if it's a bad thing, Levi."

Levi groaned, running this hands through his hair. He scoffed, looking back to her, "Mia look where you are. You are in a cell because of him-Because of Eren."

She stayed silent. Her gaze dropping to the floor. Mia softly shook her head, "You just don't understand..."

"What dont I understand? That you love him?"

The words he spoke captured her attention in an instant. She rose her head, her eyes narrowed at him.

"You're kidding right, Levi?" She mocked. Her chest heavy with each exhale.

And as she thought of it, Mia only became more frustrated by his remark. "You're not seriously still not over that kiss, right? Eren kissed me, dumbass, i don't like him in that way. I've told you that- fuck sake it's been four years!"

Levi stayed quiet as she yelled at him, rolling his eyes as she continued.

"I love you, Levi, but I haven't been able to even tell you that because I don't know where the fuck you've been!"

He turned back to her, "Mia, I've come to find you everyday and not once have I. Don't try to lie to me and tell you haven't been looking for a way to fix Eren."

Now, she possessed the same silence he had. She let out a heavy breath, her lip quivering as she did so. Mia couldn't meet his gaze. She didn't want to.

"I won't give up on him. He's my best friend," Her voice cracked, "I won't listen to what all of you have been saying either, so don't try to convince me."

He rolled his eyes, "Then you really just a moron. We need to stop what he's doing, not aid it."

Mia shook her head. "Why are you here if you just wanted to fight with me?"

He sighed, picking up the lantern and edging it into the inside of her cell. Levi met her glance, her eyes plumed with sorrow.

"Because Im leaving."

Her eyes widened, shock embedded in them, "What?"

He turned around, his hand lingering on the wall. Levi looked back at her, before turning back to the door.

"I've been ordered on a mission with Zeke. I leave today."

Her heart sank in her chest, "Wait- what? Zeke? He's back? How-"

The memories of those years resurfaced in her mind. It was as if millions of splinters raced along her - it hurt. The reminder of all those countless days hurt.

Levi smirked, shaking his head, "Yeah and you know who brought him here? Eren did."

Her chest ached as he answered her. Her body froze, and all she could do was mutter a few words.

"...Why?" She whispered.

"Because he stopped caring about you years ago. He stopped giving a shit about everyone. The brat even told Mikasa that he's always hated her. You're not special, Mia. Not anymore."

Her eyes brimmed with tears, as each one fell and painted her flushed cheek.

"So, Do yourself the favor and stop caring too. Maybe learn to embed your time where it's actually needed. It's like you forgot about everyone else for him."

Levi's voice grew quieter, "Like you even forgot about me."

Mia didn't try to protest this time. Her head dropped, she could no longer keep up the pressure of it all. Tears dropped onto the cold floor, chills rolling up her spine.

"I'll see you later. If you're not too busy running after Jaeger."

She didn't see him leave. Only the sound of his footsteps ricocheted over the bare walls. Her sobs echoed down the hall, leaving no one to bear her anguish.

Mia had lost it all. And she hadn't even known it.