Chapter 74

That was it. Last night, I had sex and it was amazing. All I can do now is smile and lie in the morning sun, memorizing the room, the patterns of Aden's curls and the soft white sheets. It's not ideal in any way.

The first time is the last time and the location is some hotel room. But it's who I'm with. He isn't ideal either, but together we make it ideal. We love each other in our imperfect way, with no one to judge us for loving so purely and sinfully all at once.

I head for the shower and carefully work the suds on my hair

I head for the shower and carefully work the suds on my hair. As I wash off the shampoo, I hear the shower door open. I move back and face Aden. He is still incredibly sleepy, but just as sexy. He slips his arms around me and pulls me closer so I can lay my head against his chest.

For a few minutes, it's just us beneath water, being at peace with what we've become - what we've woven. We worked so hard to be together and here we are, no matter that time will unlink us within the hour. We have now.

I climb out to let him finish his shower and he finds me fully dressed, packing up both our bags. Once I'm done, I watch Aden slide on his hoodie and come towards me. I hold his face and kiss him with passion, with terror, fear and curiosity. Is there such a thing as a great goodbye kiss? Or is that a myth?

I put on a brave face as Aden holds my hands in his, smiling limply. This is going to be painful. I lower my eyes when I feel tears well up and exhale, trying to regain balance. He sighs, his face caving to his emotion.

"I love you

"I love you."

I nod.

"I gave myself to you for the maximum amount of time that I could afford, and I don't regret one second of it."

My arms go around his waist as I finally manage to respond.

"I'm so thankful..." I break off, unable to contain my tears. "I'm so grateful, Aden - I am."

"I'm the one who is grateful for your love and your commitment."

I hug him close to me, hoping to convey the way I feel about him. Then I giggle, feeling silly.

Never LikeOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara