Chapter 36

"How long is this photoshoot meant to last?" I ask, fidgeting.

Danatha shrugs and continues to watch Jude pose for his pictures

Danatha shrugs and continues to watch Jude pose for his pictures. He was second in line. Apparently, Aden has already taken his pictures. He hasn't made an appearance ever since we came in though.

Jude is almost done with his pictures and I'm here, still panicking after a full forty-five minutes without even a trace of Aden. God dammit! Where the hell is he? I need to face him already. I know what I'm supposed to say once I see him. I know how to act. I know what I want, and I know I'll end up with my desired outcome - if only he would show.

Jude approaches us minutes later, apologizing for the longevity of the shoot. Danatha entertains him as I have a look around. Still no sign of Aden. Ugh, will I ever find him? I decide to bite the bullet and do the only thing I can.

"Where's Aden?" I interrupt Jude's speech.

He glances at Danatha before directing his focus to me.

"He's next door with ah..." he hesitates. "He's watching another photoshoot happening on this lot."

I freeze. With whom is Aden with? He's with someone? What?!
I think Jude is informed by my expression, because he immediately volunteers to lead the way there. The minute we enter the venue, I know why Jude was being vague about Aden's whereabouts.

Aden is here, in another venue, laughing with one of the models - knowing that I'm right next door. And that's not any old model: that's Nina Cleggs. She's one of the most famous up and coming Asian models in the world. She's trying to go into the changing room and Aden is gripping her naked waist to him in protest.

Before I can react, Danatha is holding my arm.

"Kay."

"What?" I snap.

I don't even care that I've been curt with my best friend. How fucking dare he? I have been missing him all this time and this is what he's been doing?
Only after a few seconds do his eyes find me in the crowd of personnel.

When he pales, I realise that angry tears are rolling down my cheeks. He left me. He really left me. He isn't angry with me. He's just not interested in me anymore.