Chapter 12

This isn't about a scholarship. The only reason I would have for letting him near me is that I'm attracted to him, but that's not enough for me.

Sure, it seemed like enough when I first met him, but now I'd feel dirty kissing him, even if I'm no longer after the funding. Plus, I can't bypass my own morals to have a piece of Aden Arrington. I refuse to.

"Don't kiss me." I say.

But I stay in his arms and trace his skin from the hairline right above his ear, delineating his jaw until I get to the edge of it. He's looking down at me, his eyes hooded as I search for confirmation. His heart thuds heavily against my upper arm. He wants this - he wants me. I kiss the spot my finger has abandoned in the most sensuous of ways.

Aden exhales, his body quavering.

"Don't tempt me any further then."

"I'm not tempting you; I'm teaching you."

"Teaching me what?"

"What's good for you."

"Are you trying to get me to kiss you? Be honest."

"Not anymore

"Not anymore. I meant what I said - I'm done. In fact, let's make it a rule."

"I'm not a fan."

"Not to be petty, but you refused me not once, but twice."

"You were trying to seduce me."

"No, I wasn't. But hypothetically, if I were trying to, did it work?"

I grin widely when he grumbles. I nod, getting on my knees and crawling forward, so I can sit on his lap. I'm relieved when he allows me to. His arms go around to my back and his fingers trace vertical paths up and down, pressing my chest into his neck.

Our collective panting, the heat of his breath on my chest coupled with the cold of his icy fingers and rings cause moisture to nest between my thighs.

He grabs the back of them and encourages me to straddle him completely. I hesitantly climb on only to jump in surprise to how delightful it is to sit on him like that, soaked as I am. I back off, out of breath.

"Let's not do this, alright?"

Aden yawns in response, nodding and threading his fingers in the largest braid on the crown of my head.

"Tell me about yourself then."

"Am I your bedtime story?"

"No way; you're my midnight snack."

He smooches the nape of my neck. The gesture is both comforting and sensual to me, lending a smile to my features. How did we even get here? We're acting like a couple for fuck's sake

"I don't know what to say."

"Talk about the things or people you love in your life."

I finally respond to his yawn with my own.