Chapter 31

I wake, wrapped up in Aden’s limbs and thank the heavens that we remembered to put our shirts on before we went to sleep. I’m staring straight at Callisto’s sleeping figure while my bra is lying innocently on the ground next to his bed. I can only pray that the guys and Danatha were too drunk to see it when they headed back.

Danatha is sharing the top bunk opposite me with Jude. She looks so angelic with her lengthy lashes floating above her cheekbones. She’s sleeping on her own side, but Jude’s arm is slung over her midriff as if in afterthought. It doesn’t look like Danatha is allowing Jude any intimacies, so I relax.

I turn in Aden’s arms which makes him stir awake. He is so dreamy when rousing. His soft lashes flutter as his eyes blink open and circle down to my face. His features instantly change as a soft smile arrives at his mouth and a dim sparkle kindles in his striking emerald irises.

“You know it’s a good day when the girl of your dreams is the same one to wake you up.”

I scrunch up my nose.

“So much cheese.”

He chuckles as I press myself to him.

“Can it be like this every morning?”

“If you want it to be then yes, with time it can.”

He kisses my cheek with his morning breath that is more present than it is a nuisance to me. We get out of bed and when Aden goes to shower, I quickly warn him.

“I’m going to shower at home.”

“You can shower here.”

“No, I want to be home.”

“Can I come with?”

“On a Sunday? Sure, what could go wrong?” I answer sarcastically.

“It’s still early. Surely your parents are still in bed.”

My head pings with an idea.

“You’re right. Come on, you’re not showering. We’re going now. I can sneak you in.”

When we get there, I put him in my room where he’s only glad to wander around my things. I shower and get dressed in the bathroom before returning to Aden.

“I didn’t know you were such a big fan of quilts.” he says, eyeing the big stack at the base of my closet.

“My mother is. Now, let’s get out of here. Let me check that the coast is clear.”

But Aden pulls my arm until I sit on his lap.

“I see the braided ponytail is making a comeback.” He teases. “You look stunning.”

I smile at him. I’m happy that he noticed that I dressed myself in my best. I chose to wear high-waisted dark jeans, a long-sleeve crop top with my hair tied up as usual.