Chapter 3

I, plain McKay, am helping a superstar right now

I, plain McKay, am helping a superstar right now. Holy shit! Calm down. This is no big deal. He's a person like any other. He's simply going through a crisis – that's perfectly normal. I need to focus on him. He's still waiting for my answer.

"Yes. It's not like you've displayed any real domain of your emotions just now.

"Look, I'm not saying my words will somehow change the course of your life, but the truth is that I'm here at a time when no other human being is. I think there's a reason for that."

"Coincidence."

"I don't believe in those."

"Mind keeping your beliefs to yourself then?"

"That's not relevant right now. What's important is that you listen when I say that it will be okay."

"Who the hell let you in here anyway?"

"I–"

"Cause I've never seen you around here, unless you're related to someone. But if you are that still doesn't explain–"

"–Jay–"

"–why you don't have...  I'm sorry, but do you even have a backstage pass?"

"You don't seem too sorry." I mutter, more to myself.

"You have to have a backstage pass to get to me."

"Apparently not."

I contain the urge to laugh as he hesitates

"I'm going back inside."

"Great. Break a leg."

Aden spins back around, scowling.

"So, you know who I am then?! I don't mean to be blunt but what do you want?"

"You're right; that is blunt."

I'm trying not to, but I really am getting more annoyed with every disgusted word he throws my way.

"You must want something if you keep–"

"No, you know what?! Forget I said anything. I'm going." I shout, swiftly losing my patience and backing up a few steps. "I don't know what it is that you were doing before but go back to that."