Chapter 50

Kat's POV

I've been sitting in the hospital wing for over three hours. The rest of the team has been in and out, but Fred stayed with me the entire time. We both sat on each side of the bed, worried sick.

I looked down at George. He had a bandage that went all the way around his head, and a huge bruise that covered the back of his head and most of his forehead. Yet while he was sleeping he looked peaceful. Know I knew how he felt while watching me in a coma. It's terrible to be worried sick about someone you care about, but you can do nothing to help them.

His hand moved next to mine, and I watched his eyes flutter open. "What do I owe the pleasure of such fine guests," he said with his usual humor. I hugged him. "Welcome back to the world mate," Fred said while grinning. I pulled away from the hug and glared at George. "Don't. You. Ever. Do. That. Again", I said, smacking him with each word. He rubbed his arm, and grinned "Consider me warned." I rolled my eyes, but grinned.

"So did we win?" He asked us.

We shook our heads. "After you got hit in the head you started to fall. Charlie stopped chasing the snitch, and managed to catch you before you hit the ground. While all this was happening the Ravenclaw seeker got the snitch," Fred said.

He shook his head, obviously disappointed.

"George you could've died if Charlie didn't catch you!" I cried out.

"I know, but I was just sorta hoping that we could've won."

"George you need to sort out your priorities," I replied.

He looked confused. "What?"

"Winning a quidditch cup is more important than your life?"

He hesitated. "Good lord George there shouldn't be a choice. What do you think Fred and I would do if you ended up dying just because of a stupid quidditch game?"

"I guess you're right," he sighed.

"Of course I'm right. I'm always right."

"Unfortunately I can't argue with that," he said while rolling his eyes.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

George's POV

Five days later I was released from the hospital wing. It was boring being cooped up in there all day. As soon as I got back to classes I was overwhelmed with homework. It turns out the exams were just three days away. I'd be surprised if I got to move on next year.

******

The exams came and went. Soon it was the last day of school, and I was heading down to the Great Hall. When I walked in with Fred, Lee, Angelina, and Kat, the entire hall was decorated with green and silver. "Not again," I complained. We sat at the end if the table and waited for Dumbledore's speech. He went on about how great the year had been, and that the quidditch matches were good, and a whole bunch of other stuff. Then he went on to announce the house cup. Gryffindor didn't do as bad as I thought. We only lost by fifty points. We still lost to the Slytherins though. Next year we're going to have to change that.

******

After the feast ended I went back to the common room with my friends. Angelina and Lee went straight up to bed, but Kat, Fred, and I lingered for a bit. We sat down and talked about random thing until 11:00 pm. When the clock began to go off, Kat stood up. "Time for bed boys. You both better be up and ready by 9:00 am unless you want me to come up and wake you," she ordered.

"Yes ma'am," I said sarcastically. Fred grinned, and Kat shot me a look.

"And both of your trunks better be packed as well." We both nodded, and she hugged us goodnight. After she disappeared to her dormitory Fred turned to me. "We are so done for," he said. I nodded, and we both raced up the stairs, knowing very well that we hadn't even started packing our trunks yet.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Kat's POV (one more time.)

As soon as I laid down I fell asleep.

I was with the red haired woman again. Little Kat was with her. She was still a toddler, but she looked older than my last dream. Maybe four. The red haired woman held Little Kat on her hip, and rang the doorbell of a house. I knew this house. I'd grown up looking at it all my life. I had even been inside it once or twice. Another woman opened the door. I recognized her as well. She glared at the red haired woman, but her eyes softened when she turned to Little Kat. "Aunt Tuney," Little Kat shouted, reaching for the woman who opened the door. She beckoned her sister inside and closed the door. I looked in the hallway, and noticed small differences between it and how it looked in the future. Firstly there was no pictures of a large, blonde haired boy. The closet under the stairs was also empty. I knew that in the future a small black haired boy would sleep there. The red haired woman gave Little Kat to Petunia Dursley, and the two women sat down. "Lily what are you doing here? If Vernon found out he would go crazy," Petunia said.

The red haired woman, Lily, sighed. "I know, but this is really important. In a few weeks time I will be gone. I've seen this, and I accept it. After I'm gone Kat will still have her father, but Albus will take her away from him, and lock away her memories. He won't send her here though. Harry will be sent to live with you. Kat will be very close by, but you must not let her know the truth. She can't know that you're her aunt, or about her brother, or anything about the wizarding world, or who her real family is. She will be sent to a muggle family who will have no idea who she is. I just want you to look out for her somehow. I trust you Petunia. When you became her godmother you promised to protect her. Even when I'm gone I'll still hold you to that promise."

Petunia nodded with tears in her eyes. "He's really coming for you?"

"Yes. I wanted to warn you about what's to come." Lily picked Little Kat up, and started towards the door. "Just remember that I love you 'Tunia.

Then the dream faded to black.

I woke up, gasping for breath. Then I quietly got out of bed, and went to see Professor Dumbledore.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

A/N: There's just one more chapter after this! Hang in there.