Chapter 40

Kat's POV

"KATHRYN MAE VANCE!" Eva shouted as she and Angelina came running at me. "WE ARE SO GLAD THAT YOU CAME BACK," Angelina yelled as both girls hugged me. I hugged them back. "We've missed you so much," Eva said after we had all calmed down. We were now in the carriages heading up to the school. Lee had joined us as well.

"And I've missed all of you too," I said. Fred smirked. "I bet I can guess who you missed the most", he said. I threw a glare his way. He snickered and whispered something in George's ear. George immediately turned red. I glared at Fred once more. That boy!

"Anyways, what're we going to so this year?" I asked, desperate to distract everyone from Fred's comment. "Cause all the trouble we possibly can," George grinned.

"Sounds like a plan to me."

The carriages stopped. Fred, George, Lee, Eva, Angelina, and I all got off and went through the castle doors. We made out way to the Great Hall, where Eva left us to go sit at her table. The rest of us found an open spot at the end of the table, and sat down.

Soon the first years were sorted. Then Professor Dumbledore stood up. He smiled at us all. "Tuck in," he said. The tables filled up with food, and we all began to eat.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Fred's POV

After the feast I pretty much zoned out during Dumbledore's speech. Then he said two words that caught my attention. "Quidditch tryouts," he said, "will take place when your team captains decide. I hope to see some good games this year. That's all. Have a goodnight students." He then dismissed us.

I turned towards George. "We're trying out," we said at the same time. We then burst into laughter, catching the attention in Charlie. Charlie was still the Quidditch captain for Gryffindor. This year would be his last year on the team since he was in his seventh year. "Are you two planning on trying out," he asked. George and I nodded eagerly. "As beaters I assume?" We nodded again. "What about you Kat? Are you going to tryout? Madam Hooch said you were a really good flier," Charlie said. Kat blushed slightly at the compliment. "Um I'm not really sure yet. It would be cool if I was on the team, but I'm sure there are better people out there."

"That's a load of crap and you know it," I said, "you're a great flier and will probably make the team if you tried out."

"I'm just not sure if I can do it, she sighed. "I'll think about it Charlie. I'm not guaranteeing anything, but I'll think about it."

Charlie grinned. "Thanks Kat." He then walked off. We followed his lead and went back to the Gryffindor common room. As soon as we got there Kat and Angelina both wished us goodnight. Kat lingered around a little bit longer, and gave George and I a hug goodnight. Then she went up the stairs and I to her dormitory. George, Lee, and I headed up to ours.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

George's POV

As soon as I closed the door to our bedroom the teasing began. "Georgie," Fred said in an innocent voice, "how was the train ride?" Lee looked confused, so Fred decided to be 'helpful' and fill him in. "You see Kat's mum moved her to America, so she only sent one letter that told us not to worry 'bout her and all this other stuff. George of course spent the rest of the summer worried crazy about Kat. I actually thought he was going to go mad because he couldn't see her at all. So when George and I made it to the platform Kat practically tackled us with a hug. Georgie looked pleased with that didn't you?"