Chapter 9

Kathryn's POV

"A long time ago there was a really dark wizard," Angelina began, "We don't mention his name so we have called him You-Know-Who for years now. He had a group of followers who called themselves Death Eaters. These witches and wizards would travel around killing, and torturing both wizards and muggles just for the fun of it. For a long time many people lived in fear that they would be next. This was a dark time for the wizarding world. There was also a group of witches and wizards who were brave enough to fight against them, they were called the Order of the Phoenix. Not many people know this but I do since both of my parents were members. Nobody knows why, but one day You-Know-Who decided to go after Lily and James Potter. They were kind, smart people. Their secret keeper spilled their location to You-Kn-"

"Wait what's a secret keeper?"

"When you put a cloaking spell on your house you give the location to a secret keeper to keep it safe. Now continuing the story. You-Know-Who got into the Potter's house and took them by surprise. That night Lily and James died at the hands of You-Know-Who. That night he also tried to kill your friend Harry. No one knows why, but the killing curse backfired on him. Instead if killing Harry it rebounded and kill You-Know-Who instead. Except I don't think he's really dead. Many people do, but I don't. I think he's still out there gaining his power back. If he was the darkest wizard of all time, he would've made sure that he couldn't have been killed easily."

"I'm still confused. How is Harry one of the most famous wizards of all time?"

"He's the only person to ever survive the killing curse. Ever. And in those day if You-Know-Who wanted you dead, you died. But not Harry. That's what's so peculiar. He was just a little baby yet he survived that powerful of a curse."

She looked like she was about to say more, but Mrs. Johnson came in at that moment.

"Girls I'm glad you were having fun, but it's time to go to sleep," she said kindly. I mumbled my good nights to the pair and Went to my room. I didn't realize how tired I was until my eyes closed almost as soon as I laid down.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Angelina's POV

I watched the door close as Kat went to her bedroom. "How do you like Kat?" My mother asked.

"She's great," I replied.

"So what were you two talking about before I came in?"

"I was telling her the story about You-Know-Who."

"Darling you didn't scare the poor girl did you?"

"No, no. She was just curious because she was neighbors with Harry Potter and she never knew until now."

"She was neighbors with the boy who lived?"

"Yeah, mum, ask her about it tomorrow."

My mum looked like she was about to say something, but at the last minute she decided against it.

"Come on Angelina, get in bed. We have a long day of packing for school ahead of us," she said.

She started to tuck me into bed as I got lost in my thoughts about Hogwarts. My mum kissed me goodnight, turned off the light, and shut the door. Minutes later I was asleep, dreaming about what Hogwarts would be like.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

A/N: Again mostly dialogue. Also I apologize if the chapters are short. The second part of the story will start in two chapters.