Chapter 31

George's POV

"Quills down everyone."

With a sigh I put down my quill. I looked around the vast dungeon. I hated exams. Especially ones that determined wether or not I get to move on to my second year. Professor Snape collected our papers. Thank god that the potions exam was the last one exam I had. It was the hardest of all my classes, and sitting through it was torture.

Fifteen minutes later Fred, Kat, and I were sitting by the lake. It felt nice to be outside after spending my entire day taking exams. I stretched my legs out and smiled. Kat on the other hand looked like she was about to have a nervous breakdown.

"Oh god I think I mixed up the properties of moonstone with the properties of unicorn horn. And I definitely didn't get the question about the sleeping potion right. And I probably messed up on question 24. Along wit-."

"Kat you need to stop worrying so much," I said laughing.

She gave me a look. "I'm sorry I care to much about passing or failing the final exams."

"Calm down. You've been in a coma for two months and you still probably got the highest score in the year." Fred said.

After ten minutes we finally got her to relax. I was worried that she was overworking herself. Ever since she was allowed to attend classes she had been working her butt off. She was constantly making up work, doing extra homework, and practicing various spells and potions. She had been stressing out for the past couple weeks. I didn't want her in the hospital wing again. After all she had just gotten fully released this morning.

The bell rang signaling dinner. Kat stood up. Eva passed by coming back from her herbology exam.

"Kat walk with Eva back to the castle. Fred and I will meet you at dinner in a few minutes," I said.

She gave me a strange look, but did as I said. She started a conversation with Eva, and walked back to the castle.

I turned to Fred. "It's time."
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Fred's POV

"I solemnly swear that I am up to no good," I said while putting the tip of my wand to the parchment. Dark ink lines began to cover the page. Soon it became a map of Hogwarts. Carefully George and I studied the fastest way to the kitchens. We then rushed off to the castle, making sure we weren't seen.

For the past few weeks Operation Party Loins had been put into play. We had asked Madam Pomfrey when Kat was going to be fully released. After we got an answer we began to plan a surprise party for her to welcome her back. I had the decorations under my bed in the dormitory. Now all we needed was food. That's why George and I were raiding the kitchens.

******

Twenty minutes later we were setting up decorations. I had convinced Charlie to help us, so he was putting up the banner that read Welcome Back Kat. I had also convinced Bill to help, so he was setting out the food. George and I were putting up streamers and balloons. Nobody got in our way because the common room was completely empty because they were all in the Great Hall eating.

The portrait hole swung open and Professor McGonagall walked in. She surveyed the room, taking in the food and decorations. "What are you boys up to?"

"Well Professor today Kat is fully released from the hospital wing, so after dinner will be her first time back in the common room in forever. George and I decided to throw a little party for Kat to celebrate her release," I said quickly.

"And where exactly did you get all this food from?"

"You see Professor, a master never tells their secrets," George said while grinning.

I could see a faint smile on her lips. She nodded to us. "Very we'll boys." Then she left.

People began coming back to the common room. Dinner was ending. George and I quickly explained our plan to everyone who was here.

Now all we had to do was wait.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Kat's POV

"Kat are you coming?" Angelina asked.

"Fred and George said they would be here so I'm waiting for them. But go ahead. I will meet you back at the common room," I replied.

She nodded and walked out of the Great Hall.

I sat at the table and waited for Fred and George to get back. I had been waiting for over a half hour. I waited some more. They still weren't here. I looked around the Great Hall, and was surprised to find that I was the only one left. Everyone else had gone. I decided that I wasn't going to wait for the twins any longer

I sighed in defeat and walked back to the common room alone.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Nobody's POV (3rd Person)

Everyone was excited. They were all crouched behind couches, pressed up against walls, or hiding in the stairwells. The portrait swing open. "Surprise!" All the kids yelled. The small, blonde girl looked genuinely surprised. She looked around the room taking in the decorations, food, and the large banner that read Welcome Back Kat.

She saw the two red haired boys who she knew was responsible for the party. She rushed towards them, giving each of them a tight hug. "Thank you guys," she whispered. They both nodded, looking extremely proud of themselves.

Everyone began to laugh, talk, and eat. All of the kids were enjoying themselves. Especially Kat, George, and Fred. Kat was still shocked that her two best friends would go through the trouble of throwing a party for her.

The party lasted well throughout the night. Finally at 1:00 am Professor McGonagall walked in. She smiled at the sight of all her students having fun.

"Children," she said loudly. The music stopped and everyone turned towards her. "I know you're all happy to have Kat back, and that you're exams are over, but it's time for all of you to go to bed."

The students went up to their dormitories grumbling. The last three people in the room was Fred, George, and Kat. Professor McGonagall nodded to the children and walked out. The trio said their goodnights an headed to their beds. As they all laid down a single thought ran through their heads.

This truly was the best night of my life.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

A/N: Sorry of this is shorter than usual. I will have two or three more chapters and then well be on to the summer.

I also just realized that this story has over 200 reads. So I have one thing to say.

THANK YOU ALL SOOOOO MUCH!!