Chapter 38

George's POV

Today's Kat's birthday. I still haven't heard from her since her first and only letter. I spent days convincing mum to let us go to Diagon Alley today. I was getting my hopes up that I would see her today while going school shopping.

"Everyone one ready?" Mum called out. We all nodded our heads and took some Floo Powder. Fred and I stepped into the fireplace, threw the powder, and shouted "Diagon Alley." The flames consumed me, and I twisted through the fireplace. Seconds later I tumbled out of the fireplace in the Leaky Cauldron. The rest of my family popped out behind me.

Soon we were walking the streets of Diagon Alley. I kept my eyes peeled for the one person I wanted to see.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Fred's POV

As we walked I looked over at George. He had a look of hope on his face. I knew what he was hoping for. He wanted to see Kat. He thought that since it was her birthday he would have a better chance of seeing her. I hated the fact that I couldn't spend Kat's birthday with her. Last year George and I promised her a party and presents. We promised her the birthday she's never had. Now we had failed.

The hours passed by quickly. Soon the sun was setting and mum was leading us back to the Leaky Cauldron. I have to admit it, I was getting my hopes up as well. When mum handed us a bit of Floo Powder, those hopes were crushed. She wasn't here. Yet why do I have the strange feeling that she is here? I shook those feeling away and watched my family disappear in the green flames. George and I were the last ones to go home. We stepped I side the fire, threw our powder, and yelled "the Burrow."

Just as the flames pulled me home I heard someone yell, "FRED. GEORGE."

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Kat's POV

I woke up to the afternoon sunlight streaming through my window. I looked at the clock on the wall. 2:30 pm! I knew I hadn't gotten much sleep from the nights on the boat, but I wasn't expecting to sleep in this late.

I started down the three flights of stairs to have some food. Tom passed by me on the way. "Hey Tom what's today?"

"The 28th of August. Term starts in a couple days. You better get your school stuff." He then walked away.

The 28th of August.

How do I forget my own birthday? My thoughts went back to then end of last school year.

"And you'll be coming to stay with us over the summer right?" George asked eagerly. I laughed and nodded. "Of course I will. I just have to check with my mother. She probably won't protest considering what happened on my birthday and the days leading up to the start of school."

"What happened," Fred asked curiously.

"Well on my birthday I got my letter and then my magic sort of went all over the place. Lets just say I blew some stuff up and then left and stayed at Angelina's," I quickly explained.

Fred and George grinned. "Wait when's your birthday."

"August 28th."

"Well you're coming to the Burrow before then, so we're going to throw you a huge party," George said. I smiled at his offer. "Yeah and there will be cake and presents and the whole family will celebrate." Fred said, getting into the plan.

"Well honestly I can't wait," I told them.

A voice pulled me from the past. "Kids we need to make this trip fast," she said. Is that.....Mrs. Weasley! I rushed down the stairs. When I hit the landing I slipped and fell. My head hit the ground. Hard. Slowly I stood back up with a pounding headache. I walked the rest of the way down the stairs.

When I reached the bar area of the Leaky Cauldron I frantically looked around. I saw no signs of the Weasleys. Still I knew they were here. I couldn't have imagined Mrs. Weasley's voice. Right? Maybe I was just sleep deprived and was imagining things. Whatever the case was, I still ate quickly and then headed out the door and into Diagon Alley.

First I went to Gringotts and got some money to pay for school supplies and my last days at the Leaky Cauldron. Then I went to various shops, checking off things on my list as I bought them. As I made my way to each shop, I couldn't help the hope flowing through me. What if I saw them today? What if they were actually here? Oh god please let them be here.

As if answering my prayers, I caught sight of a boy with red hair. Then more appeared, walking out of Flourish and Botts. I managed to keep myself from yelling for Fred and George. The Weasleys were walking back to the Leaky Cauldron. I tried to run after them, but got caught in the crowd. Finally I made my way through the shoppers and saw the Weasleys going through the archway and into the Leaky Cauldron. I started to run, but a man caught my arm.

"Hello Missy. Would you like a protective necklace. It keeps away the nasties that would come after a pretty girl like yourself." I didn't know who this guy was, but he was seriously creeping me out.

"Um no thanks. I'll just be going now." Before he could say a word, I dashed off.

I made my way into the Leaky Cauldron. I searched the entire room for my friends. I spotted Fred and George standing alone on the fireplace in the corner. "The Burrow," they shouted together. I rushed towards them as the green flames engulfed them. "FRED. GEORGE." It was no use. They were gone.

I had one chance to see them and I blew it. Now I won't see them until I get to the platform. I knew that was only a couple days away, but it seemed too long. I hadn't seen them at all this summer and when I finally had the chance to get them back, they slipped through my fingers. And Amethyst wasn't up for flying yet, so I couldn't send them a letter. It looks like I was alone yet again.

Great. Just freaking great.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

A/N: So close, yet so far away.

Hogwarts Years 1-2On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara