Chapter 15

Kathryn's POV

Angelina and I followed the sound of the voice calling for first years. After weaving through the crowd we found the man calling for us. He was very large and introduced himself as Hagrid. Next he took us to these boats. "Alright. Four to a boat," he said. Angelina and I picked out a boat. I felt two more people get in behind us, but paid no attention to it. The boats began to move and we were headed towards Hogwarts. We went around a bend and got our first look at Hogwarts. In front of me was a magnificent castle. Everything seemed like it was pulled directly out of a storybook. There was a chorus of 'oohs' and 'aahs' as the other kids stated up at the castle.

"Kat I just want to apologize for earlier," a voice said in my ear. My attention was still captured by the castle so it scared the life out of me. I screamed and tried to turn around, causing our boat to rock back and forth. Seconds later I felt the cool rush of water as I fell into the lake. I felt myself going down. I had never learned how to swim. Ever. I started to flail my arms, trying to keep myself floating. "She doesn't know how to swim. For god's sake someone help her," I heard Angelina scream above me. The water went over my head and I slipped into the darkness.

I heard the sound of someone jumping into the water. I felt a pair of arms struggling to pull me to the surface. Seconds later my head broke the surface. I felt Angelina pulling me back into the boat. "Here George give me your hand," I heard Fred say. I felt George being pulled onto the boat as well. For the rest of the boat trip we sat in silence, both shivering and shaking.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Angelina's POV

When I saw Kat fall off the boat I nearly had a heart attack. I remember screaming for help. Surprisingly it was George who jumped in the water to save her. It was his fault she fell in the first place. Every second he was down there trying get Kat was spent in a scary silence. I tried to control myself. She was going to be okay. Even though I had only known Kat for a few days, she felt like the sister I never had. I was scared for her. At that moment both Kat and George reached the surface and Fred an I pulled them back aboard.

The boats began moving again and soon we were at the door of the castle. Hagrid knocked three times before a middle aged woman in green robes answered. "Professor McGonagall, these are the firs' years," he said. The Professor locked her eyes on George and Kat. "Did you fall in the lake?" They both nodded. "No need to worry. It happens just about every year." With a wave of her wand they were both dry again. She walked back into the castle and gestured for us to follow her. If possible, the inside of the castle was even more spectacular than the outside. Professor McGonagall led us to a large room. "Now the Sorting Ceremony will begin in a moment. Please wait here." She was gone for what seemed like eternity. When she finally returned she smiled at us. "Please follow me into the Great Hall," she said. She opened the two large doors at the end of the room and all of the first years walked into the Great Hall.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

A/N: Yes Kat almost died and yes George did save her.