Chapter 48

Kat's POV

I woke up the next morning and looked at the clock. 10:00! I hopped out of bed and started to get ready. I had less than an hour and a half until Mrs. Malfoy came and got me. I took a quick shower and got dressed. I rushed out the door and ran into someone on the landing. I tumbled down a couple stairs, and I heard someone run up behind me. They helped me to my feet.

"Well it's been almost six months. It had to happen again at some point," I told George. We both laughed, and walked down the stairs. Mrs. Weasley made a delicious breakfast, an then it was time to leave. I hugged Fred an George goodbye, and went outside to wait.

At exactly 11:30 there was a pop and Mrs. Malfoy appeared. "Hello Kathryn are you ready to go?" I nodded an she took my arm. With a crack we disappeared. We reappeared in front of a huge house. And I mean huge. Mrs. Malfoy led me to the front door and we walked in. Scarlet ran down the stairs, but Draco got to me first. "Hello Kitty," he said while hugging me. I laughed and hugged him back. Scarlet made it down the stairs, and playfully pushed Draco aside. She then hugged me as well.

"C'mon Kat lets go to my room," she said while dragging me up the stairs. We reached a room at the end of the hall. Scarlet pushed open the door, and walked in. Her room was absolutely beautiful. She sat down on her bed and gestured for me to do the same. I sat down, and we began to talk.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Scarlet's POV

"So when is your brother going to Hogwarts," Kat asked.

"Next year. He's so excited about it."

"My friend Harry will be starting next year as well. I bet they'll be great friends. I will have to introduce Draco sometime."

"Draco would love that. He doesn't have many friends."

My bedroom door creaked open. My family's house elf Dobby walked in. "Miss Scarlet, your mother would like me to inform you that it's time for lunch," he said. He then began to pick up the little mess in my room. "Thank you Dobby. There's no need to pick that stuff up, I'll do it in a little bit."

"But Miss Scarlet I live to serve the Malfoy family. It is my job to clean," the house elf protested. I knelt down beside him and set a hand on his tiny shoulder. He flinched like I was going to hit him. I knew it was because my mother and father punished him when he did something wrong. I tried to treat Dobby well, and I was teaching Draco to do the same. "Dobby it's nice of you to clean my room, but I can do it later. Why don't you go rest until mother or father calls for you," I said gently. The house elf nodded, and disapparated.

"What was that?" Kat asked as we walked down the stairs.

"That was my family's house elf, Dobby." I replied.

We sat at the table, and my mother, father, and Draco joined us. Dobby then came and set a plate of food in front of each person. "Thank you Dobby," I said when he gave me my food. He smiled at me before disappearing. My father glared at me. I knew he hated it when I was nice to Dobby.

"So Kathryn," my father began, "who are your parents?" I resisted the urge to groan. My father was obsessed with us having the perfect reputation, and he pretty much hated muggle borns. "Um, my mother is in America and she's a muggle, and I don't know who my father is. He left us when I was small." My mother put a hand on her arm in a comforting manner. "There, there dear. We hear your extraordinary at magic," she said trying to change the subject.

"I'm okay at it," she replied.

"Kat's the top in our year," I said. My father raised an eyebrow, clearly impressed. We left the discussion at that, and finished eating. After lunch Kat said that she had to leave. I walked her to the front door, and she hugged me goodbye. "I'll see you at school." I nodded, and she disapparated with my mother. I walked back into the house, and my father stopped me.

"Your friend Kat is a nice young lady," he said, "I wouldn't mind seeing her again."

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

A/N: Scarlet knows that her parents aren't the best people, so she tries to be kind to everyone. Including Dobby. She also tries to teach Draco how to be a good person because she cares about his future.