Chapter 35

George's POV

It's been five days. She promised me a letter within the first two. I still haven't gotten it.

"George you're pacing again," Fred said while trying not to laugh.

I stopped pacing the living room and looked out the window. This has become an hourly habit. I need a letter from her. I need it.

"George you need to stop worrying. Kat's fine."

"How do you know that? She promised me a letter on the first or second day after she got home. It's been five Fred. And I can't help but feel that she isn't okay. That something bad has happened."

"Georgie you need to relax. She's probably just been busy with other things. I know it's hard, but you have to be patient. If we don't get a letter from her by the end of the week then we can worry. Okay?"

I nodded. I just couldn't escape that feeling though. I know part of it is the fact that I sat there for months watching her while she was in a coma. Ever since she has woken up I feel a little more protective over her. But another part of it was a gut feeling. Deep down I knew that something was not right. She wouldn't forget to write to us. It's just not like her.

A black blotch hurled through the open window, pulling me from my thoughts. "Amethyst!" Fred and I rushed over to the owl. She looked like she had been flying for hundreds of miles non stop. I looked at the letters tied to her leg. Two of them were addressed to Kat so I left them be. The third had mine and Fred's name written on the outside. I quickly untied it.

"Fred go get Amethyst some treats. She needs to rest as well." He rushed off. I waited until Fred was at my side to unfold the letter. We both read through the letter.

Dear Fred and George,
I don't have much time to write because she could burst in at any moment. I'm taking a huge risk writing to you at the moment, but I want to fill you in on what's happened. As soon as I got off the platform my mother took me to the airport. She forced me on the plane and now I'm in America. Freaking America. She told me it's so I don't go back to Hogwarts because she hates that I'm a freak. She also is trying to make me get rid of Amethyst and told me I couldn't write to any of you. Then some other things happened, but that's not really important. I wanted to let you know that I won't be able to write as much because I can't have my mother getting suspicious. I'm in a dangerous situation right now, but I can make one promise. I will be back at Hogwarts. I dot care what my mother says, I am going wether she likes it or not. I don't know how I'll get there, but I will. Don't miss me too much even though I already miss you loads.
Love, Kat.

P.S. please take care of Amethyst for a week or so. I want her to get some rest before she flies across the ocean again. And you two better not do anything rash or stupid while I'm not there. And if you do I'm smacking both of you up the head when I see you next.

Fred and I stared at the letter in shock.
I was right. Of course I was right.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Fred's POV

"See Fred I told you! I told you she was in freaking trouble. Now she's in America, and we might not see her again." George was really panicking now.

"George calm yourself down."

"Calm down? How do you think I can calm down when she's somewhere in America with her mum, who's been giving her crap about Hogwarts. How?"

"Georgie, Kat is a strong girl. She has fought before and I have no doubt that she can do it again," I said trying to reassure him.

"Yeah but-"

My mum walked into the living room. "Boys what is all this noise about?" She saw the letter and snatched it out of my hand. Her eyes scanned over the page. She frowned. "Her mother really took her to America?"

I nodded. "From the way Kat talks about her she sounds like a grade A nut job." My mum glared at me. At least a got a tiny smile out of George.

Ginny walked into the room. She saw the letter. "Is that from Kat?" Then she grabbed it out of my mum's hands. My mum tried to get it back, but Ginny didn't give it up. She read the letter and then promptly burst into tears. The rest of the family ran in. They took one look at the letter in Ginny's hands to the tears streaming down her face. My dad took the letter and read it over. Then Kat's letter was passed around.

It looks like this is going to be a family affair.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

A/N: In the random news of today:

My stepmom was in the basement and she yelled that there were these huge spiders. Me being the Athena girl I am, screamed and ran to the corner. They got the spiders, but I still refused to go down there. Finally my dad made me go to the basement by myself and while I was down there I screamed bloody murder and yelled, "OH MY GODS ARAGOG HAS GOT ME!" Then I crawled up the stairs, slammed the door, and dramatically died. Everyone looked confused. Serves them right.

Well just thought I would share since its Harry Potter and PJO related.