Chapter 29

Kat's POV

At first the brightness blinded me. My eyes then adjusted and I saw I was in the hospital wing. My entire body felt stiff, as if I had laid in the same position for a long time. I took a minute to move parts of my body. It wasn't impossible, it just hurt. Ignoring the pain, I sat up. Just from that effort I nearly passed out. I swung my legs over the side if the bed and stood up. My legs nearly collapsed under me. I leaned against the wall, and started to make my way to Madam Pomfrey's small office. Each step was painful and shaky. I started to see black spots.

I finally made it to the doorway of the nurse's office. I steadied myself in the doorframe. "Madam Pomfrey......" She looked up and her eyes widened. Tears began to stream down her face. "Oh my lord. My dear girl," she gently hugged me and helped me back to my bed.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Fred's POV

Professor Dumbledore wanted us to catch up with our work before going to see Kat. He had said that George and I couldn't be in the hospital wing at the moment. Apparently Madam Pomfrey was busy, and Kat was even more fragile than before. I would still get to see her, I just didn't know when.

George on the other hand was getting irritated. Ever since we had gotten back he kept trying to find ways to sneak into the hospital wing. He would spend multiply nights pacing the common room. I wanted to see Kat just as much as George did. I tried my best to keep my emotions under control. George had deeper feelings for her though. I didn't care how many times he tried to deny it, he did.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Kat's POV

"Kathryn dear, the headmaster has just told me that Fred and George are coming by in fifteen minutes." Madam Pomfrey informed me. My heart lifted. I had been on bed rest for the past three days, and I wasn't allowed visitors. I had also learned that I had been in a coma for two months. It was almost scary. I was excited to see Fred and George.

"Also they don't know that you're awake." I grinned. I had a plan. An evil plan, but it was a plan. "Madam Pomfrey could you do me a favor," I asked.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

George's POV

Fred and I raced to the hospital wing. Today they were finally letting us see her. I pulled open the doors and went to Kat's bed. She wasn't there. Her things on the night stand were gone. "Madam Pomfrey where's Kat?" I asked. Panic swelled up inside me.

"Dears didn't anyone tell you?" We both shook our heads. She looked like she was about to cry. "A couple of hours ago Kat's condition became more serious. We had her immediately transferred to Saint Mungo's."

"You had her what?" Fred asked in disbelief. I felt dizzy. I sat down on the bed Kat used to have. Fred helped me stand up, and we headed towards the door. Fred had a hand on the knob.

"You're going to leave without saying goodbye?" We both whirled around. She stood there smirking. Fred and I raced over to her. We enveloped he in a tight hug.

"My god Kat. Don't ever do that to us ever again," Fred said. She laughed. Fred pulled back from the hug, but I stayed where I was. She hugged me tighter.

"I listened George. I heard every word."

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

A/N: so yeah. That was a short chapter. Throughout this week I will end year one and start on the summer before year two.