Chapter 27

George's POV

When McGonagall called us over I officially panicked. I mean people just don't disappear for a couple hours without telling someone right? When I walked closer to McGonagall I saw the grim expression her face.

Oh my god. Oh my god. Oh my god.

"Boys I would like you to come with me," she said. Fred and I followed her. We reached the doors of the hospital wing.

Oh my god. Oh my god. Oh my god.

Before we walked in she stopped us. "Miss Vance is in a fragile state at the moment. An older student found her in the girls bathroom right before dinner. When we saw her, she obviously looked like someone attacked her. She isn't awake at the moment, but I thought you would like to see her." She opened the doors and we walked in.

I immediately rushed over to Kat's bed. She had a thick bandage around her head. There were also nasty scars on her arms and neck. She had a bruise on the side of her face.

Anger washed over me. I wanted to kill whoever did this to her. Kat is the sweetest girl I've met. She didn't deserve this.

"Before I leave I just wanted to ask you one thing." Fred and I looked up and Professor McGonagall. "Is there anyone you know that would want to hurt her? Anyone that she had problems with?"

"Hailey Anderson." Fred and I said at the same time. It had to be Hailey. That girl hated Kat more than anything.

McGonagall nodded. Then she left. I sat down on the chair at her bedside. I took her hand and held it. Fred sat on the other side of her bed and took her other hand. We stayed that way the entire night. At midnight Madam Pomfrey kicked us out of the hospital wing. We trudged back to the empty common room.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Fred's POV

I hardly got any sleep. I spent the night twisting and turning. I looked over at the clock and saw that it was 3:00 am. Even in the pitch black of the room I knew George was still awake. I knew he wouldn't be able to sleep with Kat in the condition she's in.

"Hay Georgie," I whispered carefully trying not to wake Lee.

There was a second of silence.

"I'm awake Fred," his voice replied.

"Couldn't sleep either?"

"Every time I closed my eyes I kept seeing how hurt she was. I kept seeing the bruises and the scars. If that's what I'm going to see when I sleep then I don't want to fall asleep."

"George she's going to be fine. Trust me. She wouldn't want you losing sleep over her though."

"I know Freddie, I know. I just can't help it though." George yawned.

"Goodnight George."

"Goodnight Fred."

******

The next morning George and I skipped breakfast to go visit Kat. She was still sleeping. We sat there and talked to her as if she could hear us. Finally the bell rang and Madam Pomfrey made us go to class.

Every break we had we visited Kat. Finally at dinner Madam Pomfrey wouldn't let us in until we went down to the Great Hall to eat. I just realized that I hadn't eaten all day. We scarfed down food and rushed back to the hospital wing. George and I sat down with her until 10:00 pm. Then Madam Pomfrey made us leave.

We went back to the boys dormitory for another sleepless night.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••