Chapter 8

Angelina's POV

When I walked into the sitting room I saw a girl about my age sitting in an arm chair. She had curly blonde hair, emerald green eyes, and tan skin. She sat there quietly while my mum and dad talked. She noticed me and smiled brightly. "Kathryn this is Angelina, my daughter. Angelina this is Kathryn," my mum introduced us. The girl, Kathryn, looked nervous.

"Hello Kathryn," I said trying to make her feel comfortable.

"Hello. You can call me Kat, I absolutely hate the name Kathryn."

I smiled. I could tell Kat and I would get along. "Okay Kat. Let me show you around." My mum gave me a grateful smile as I led Kat out of the room.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Kathryn's POV

As Angelina led me through the large house some of my fears began to fade. It seemed as though I made a good first impression on the Johnson's. I was relieved. Maybe I would have another friend besides Harry. Harry, I thought. I had just left the poor boy alone with all those terrible people. I hadn't even thought to say goodbye. I felt horrible.

"And here's your room," Angelina said, breaking me out of my thoughts. I looked around the room. It was beautiful. A pile of odd items say on the mahogany desk (A/N: 😏). There was a large window overlooking the city.

"Wow this is absolutely amazing."

Angelina grinned. "So you like it?"

"Like it? I love it!"

"Here's the best part. This room is connected to my room see," she said as she pulled open a side door to reveal another room similar to mine. She walked into her room. "Come on."

I set my bag on the full sized bed and followed her. We both took a seat on her bed. "So tell me about yourself," Angelina said. I ran my fingers through my unruly hair. This was a bit of a touchy subject with me.

"Well I grew up in this small neighborhood not far from London. We were never really rich or anything. I was about five when my father took off, taking most if the little money we had with him. My mother became more and more strict. More and more angry. She hated my dad. For leaving us alone. For taking the hard earned money. For taking her happiness with him. Since my dad left everything just went down hill. My mother and I fought on a daily basis. I was never a perfect daughter. There was always a flaw with something I did. So you could say I didn't have a very happy early childhood. I spent most of my time alone in my room. I only had one friend growing up. His name is Harry Potter. He is in a situation similar to mine. His parents died long ago and he was left with his aunt and uncle who don't care for him. Then my letter came. I realized I was something more. My mother was livid when Dumbledore came to take me away. She tried everything to stop me from going. But here I am. That's basically it," I said, out of breath.

My new friend stared at me. I wondered if I said to much. "Wait did you say Harry Potter?" She questioned.

"Um yeah. He's a friend of mine. I feel so bad for leaving him alone with all those horrible people."

"Don't worry. He's a strong one. He will make it through everything there."

"How do you know?"

"We'll he's the most famous wizard of all time. His parents died for a cause. He defeated the darkest wizard ever when he was only a baby."

"Wait Harry is a wizard? How come he never mentioned anything?"

"Well he has no idea himself. Even if he did its against our laws to say anything about the wizarding world to muggles. You never new about your powers until yesterday."

So many questions were going through my head.

"You look confused," Angelina noted.

"Yeah I am. It's a lot to take in."

She have me a look of sympathy. "I have something that might clear up a lot of things and teach you a bit about our world."

"What's that?" I asked, wishing I could just understand it all.

"Let me tell you a story."

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

A/N: Yes I realize that most of the chapter was dialogue. Sorry. Any questions?