Chapter 23

Kathryn's POV

I had just finished packing everything for the week. As I was lugging my stuff down the stairs Angelina turned to me. "Kat you can still come home for Christmas with me," she said. I shook my head. "Thanks for the offer Ange, but I'm sure I can handle Fred and George for a week. I mean I've survived this long."

"Hey we heard that," George said behind me.

"And we're really hurt," Fred added.

Angelina and I laughed. I finally made it down the stairs. It only took three near death experiences and four eleven year olds. I continued to drag my stuff until I got into the entrance hall. There Eva met me. "Kat my parents would love to have you for Christmas if you want to come," she said. I just laughed. "Why does everyone keep asking me that?" Fred and George came up behind me. "We aren't that terrible are we?" They asked together.

"No comment," I shot back at them.

Fifteen minutes later we were on the train back to London. Fred, George, and I found a compartment near the back and sat down. We entertained ourselves by played exploding snap and wizards chess while snacking on some licorice wands. The train stopped and we gathered our things. As I stepped off the train I immediately noticed the red haired woman who I met in Diagonal Alley. I made my way over to her where Bill, Charlie, an Percy were all ready waiting.

She pulled me into a bone crushing hug. "Kat dear, I've been waiting to see you again. You really are as sweet as the twins say in their letters." I felt my cheeks heat up, an behind me both Fred and George groaned. "Mum stop," George pleaded. Mrs. Weasley laughed. "Please," Fred said. She released me from the hug and started towards the barrier, all six of us following. We made our way out the barrier and into the muggle world.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

George's POV

Mum led us over to our old Ford Anglia. On the outside the car looked like it couldn't hold five people, let alone eight. I opened the back door and slid in. On the inside it was magically expanded so there were two rows of four seats, and a driver and passenger seat. I made my way to the back next to my little sister Ginny. Kat sat next to me followed by Fred. In the row ahead of us sat Bill, Charlie, Percy, and my little brother Ron. Everyone got settled in and we started the drive back home.

Ginny leaned closer to me. "Georgie, did you bring your girllllfrienddd," she whispered loudly, drawing out the word 'girlfriend'. I felt the tips of my ears heat up, and out of the corner of my eye and saw Kat blushing. I rolled my eyes and acted as though the comment didn't completely catch me off guard. "Of course not. Ginny this is Kat. She's mine and Fred's best friend at Hogwarts." Ginny smiled brightly at Kat. Kat smiled back with equal enthusiasm.

The car stopped. My dad got out. "C'mon gang lets head in for some hot chocolate." We all cheered in agreement and got out. When Kat got out she stared at the Burrow. It wasn't much, but it was still home. She noticed my smile falter. "It's absolutely brilliant," she said. The smile came back, bigger than ever.

We all got settled in and sat at the long table for some hot chocolate. Kat still couldn't seem to get over the fact that the dishes did themselves, or that the scarf was knitting itself. My mum and her bloody knitting. "Kat dear, you'll be rooming with Ginny. Is that okay?" Kat smiled at Ginny, who giggled. "Of course it is. I'm sure Ginny and I will become great friends," she responded. Then Ginny pulled her up the stairs, taking Kat to her room to unpack.

My dad looked at me. "She really is a sweet girl," he commented. Charlie, being in the room, laughed. I buried my burning face into my hands. "Boys," my mum scolded," Stop teasing poor Georgie." That only made it worse. I excused myself from the room and went upstairs. On the second landing I ran into Kat. Literally. "God, we really have to stop meeting like this," she laughed as I pulled her off the ground. I laughed with her. "Yep that would probably be for the best."

"So are you going up to your room?"

For some reason I stared at my feet. Kat had that affect on me. "Um yeah I am."

She smiled. "Cool. Do you mind if I come with you?"

I shook my head and led her up the stairs. I was a bit nervous. For the first time I was self conscious about my life. She had that affect on me as well.

I opened the door to mine and Fred's room. Kat looked around in awe. Every spare bit of the room was covered in some experiment or another. There was only a little clear space in the back for our beds. Fred came up behind me. "Showing off the room?" I nodded. Kat began walking around to get a better look at the stuff we've been working on. "We want to open a joke shop when we get older," Fred stated proudly.

Since Fred and I were seven, starting a joke shop was the one thing we wanted to do. That year Bill had brought back a handful of Zonko products from his trips to Hogsmeade. Those were our first pranking supplies. Right then and there Fred and I decided that making products like those was what we wanted to spend our life doing. It's been years now, and the dream still hasn't died.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Fred's POV

I went upstairs for some peace and quiet, only to find George showing Kat our room. Typical George. Kat looked at our inventions like they were the most amazing things she had ever seen. "Guys this is freaking awesome," she said. It felt good to be praised for something I loved doing. "Thanks," George replied, obviously flustered. I really needed to teach that boy how to keep his cool. Especially around Kat.

Kat picked up a small ball. I realized what it was too late. "Kat don't touch th-." With a sound like a gunshot the tiny ball spitted out smoke. It turned from green, to red, to blue. In a matter of minutes it spread to the entire downstairs. "BOYSSSSSSSSS." My mum marched up the stairs, and through the haze of smoke. "WHAT WAS THAT?"

"Mrs. Weasley, I'm so so so so sorry. I accidentally touched one of the boys' amazing inventions and this happened," Kat said gesturing around her. My mums expression softened. Dang we needed to have Kat around more often if she was going to get us out of trouble like this. "It quite all right dear. I'm sure you couldn't have known about Fred an George's umm....toys." She then left the room.

George and I turned to Kat in disbelief. "Normally if something like that would've happened mum would've had our hide. Screaming,-."

"-scolding, and all of that good stuff. But this time she didn't. Never before have we had a friend who could calm our mum down in a matter of seconds," I said, finishing George's thought.

At that moment Ron came stumbling into the room. "Ahh has ickle ronniekins have something to tell us?" George asked

"George," Kat scolded, swatting him on the arm lightly, "Don't tease him." George shut up immediately. I caught his eye and raised a brow. He blushed. "Go on Ron," Kat said kindly. Ron shuffled around for a moment. "Um mum just wanted me to tell you lot to get downstairs for dinner." He then raced out of the room.

I laughed and ran down the stairs. I was closely followed by Kat and George. We all sat at the table and ate a delicious homemade meal.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

A/N: To whom this may concern:
I may not be updating a ton for the next week because I'm currently grounded. I'm secretly using my sisters iPod for my writing needs. That's all. Keep on reading!

Also this currently has over a hundred reads. Eeeeeeek