Chapter 21

Kathryn's POV

Weeks passed and soon it was Halloween. That particular day I had no classes, which was a relief considering I had homework I wanted to get done. I grabbed my bag and headed down the stairs. I sat in a big arm chair by the fireplace and got my homework out. First I was going to do my essay on the history of goblins. I dipped my quill in the ink and began to write.

******

Some time later I felt someone breathing down my neck.

"I suggest you back up unless you want to be on the floor again," I warned without lifting my head. I heard Fred burst out in laughter behind me.

The twins sat down on either arm of the chair.

"Katttttttttt come down to the feast with us," George whined.

"Yeah Kat it'll be soooo much fun," said Fred.

I sighed and looked at my uncompleted homework.

"Guys I seriously have tons of homewo-." They pulled me out of my chair and practically dragged me out of the common room. I laughed as they pulled me along the corridors and into the Great Hall. I say down at my spot. "There, happy now?" I asked.

"Very," they said in unison.

"God guys you need to stop doing that. It's freaking creepy," I complained.

"Is it," they said, both tilting their heads at the same time.

I laughed and playfully pushed them. Soon the feast began. Every type of sweet imaginable was laid out on the table. Not to mention the delicious main course. I loved Halloween.

The feast ended too soon. I walked back up to the common room with Fred and George. I sat down to finish my homework, as they went up to bed.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

George's POV

I looked at the clock on my nightstand. 12:30 am. It was time.

"Fred," I whispered over Lee's snores.

"Right here Georgie," he replied.

I lit my wand with this handy new spell we learned. I then lifted up my mattress to reveal what looked like a blank piece of parchment. But Fred and I knew better. I took it out and unfolded it.

"May I have the honors," Fred asked.

"Be my guest," I grinned.

He held the tip of his wand against the parchment. "I solemnly swear that I am up to no good." Almost immediately ink started to spread out on the parchment. We learned this trick a few weeks back by accident. We were just talking and I just happened to have my wand held against the parchment and next thing you know it turns into a freaking map of Hogwarts.

We turned our attention to the map. At the top it read Messers Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot, and Prongs are proud to present the Marauders Map. Underneath that was the map of Hogwarts. Every secret passage there was. Where every person was at every second of the day. Whoever these guys are we had a lot to thank them for.

Tonight we were going on our first mission using the map. We were going to the kitchens.

Fred and I tiptoed down the stairs and into the common room. It was completely empty. We almost made it to the portrait hole. Almost.

"Where do you think you two are going?"

Great.

I turned towards Kat. "It's nothing."

"It's obviously something. Why are you two even down here right now?"

"We could ask the same for you," Fred argued back.

"I was actually trying to finish homework."

Of course she was. I started walking out of the portrait hole. I heard her following Fred an I out. I turned around to face her.

"Look you're not coming with us."

"Yes I am."

"No. Go back to doing homework or something.

"Nah, I'm coming along."

"No you can't come with us."

"And I'm so sure that you're going to be the one to stop me."

Fred snickered. Sometimes Kat was so infuriating. She was one of my best friends, but she just frustrated me. I walked off without a word. I knew she was smirking behind me. I held the map up and started following the route to the kitchen. A few minutes later we found ourselves in front of a huge painting of a bowl of fruit.

"Tickle the pear," Kat read the map over my shoulder. Her hair smelled like the strawberry shampoo she uses. Getting off task, I scolded myself. She reached in front of me and tickled the pear in the painting. It let out a girlish laugh and transformed into a door knob. I turned it and walked in.

Bright light met my eyes as I walked into the kitchens. What was in front of my eyes surprised me. Hundreds of tiny house elves were running around, doing various things. The nearest one stopped and looked at me. "Does the Miss or sirs need anything?"

Free spoke up behind me. "Would you be able to get me a pastry?"

The house elf broke out in a wide smile. "I would love to sir." He hurried off to get the sweet.

Minutes later the three of us were sitting down and eating. We also talked with the house elves for a while. Finally I glanced at my watch. 3:00 am!!! "I'm really sorry but we have to go," I said to the house elves. They smiled and began to clear away the food we were eating. "Okay. Come and visit again kind miss and sirs."

We left and I quickly navigated us back to the common room using the map. Fred and I helped Kat clean up her homework. "You know you're working yourself too hard," I whispered. The last thing I needed was to wake up the prefects or something. "I am not," she argued.

"Kat you were down here past midnight working on homework. I'd say you're working too hard."

She sighed, but didn't say anything. Fred and I told her goodnight and hurried up to our beds.

"Well that was fun," Fred said before laying down.

"Yeah it was."

I looked down at the map. I saw the little dot that represented Kat lying in her bed. I wonder what she is thinking right now........ I quickly cleared the thought from my head. I pointed the tip of my wan at the map.

"Mischief Managed."

The map was wiped blank and I hid it again. I turned off the lights and went to sleep.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

A/N: I enjoyed writing about the first adventure they went on with the map. I sorta made Kat pull a Hermione right there if you didn't already notice.