Chapter 10

Angelina's POV

When I woke up the next morning, the smell of breakfast found its way to my room. I peeked into Kat's room to see she was already gone. I threw on a robe and headed downstairs. When I got to the kitchen I saw my mum had made us her homemade French Toast, that was to die for. I also saw Kat sitting at the table. She had a pile of French Toast on her plate, yet she wasn't eating any of it. My mum handed me a my plate and I sat down next to Kat.

"Good morning darlings how did you both sleep?"

At first Kat looked shocked that she was being talked to this way. Then I remembered that she didn't have a mum who would constantly say stuff like this to her. Kat smiled. "I slept great," she said.

"Yeah me too."

I noticed that Kat still hadn't touched her food. As my mum sat down, she noticed this too. "Darling is something wrong with the food? I could make you something else."

"Oh no I'm fine Mrs. Johnson. It's just that I was taught that it was impolite to eat before everyone else was seated," she replied.

"Oh well Mr. Johnson has already left for work today and we are both sitting now so dig in."

"Wait dad's already at work?" He never leaves this early in the morning.

"Yes. The Ministry is having him work extra hours today and tomorrow since he will be late on the 1st because he's coming to the platform with us to see you off."

That made more sense. The stupid Ministry would have him working 7 extra hours even though he would only be 2 and a half hours late. I noticed Kat looked confused again. What would it be like to no absolutely nothing about where you came from, and who you are?

"Um what's the Ministry?" Kat finally asked.

"Oh it's the Ministry of Magic. It's the government for our world. Oh and also we are going to Diagon Alley today, so after breakfast you need to get dressed quickly."

I love Diagon Alley. Even though I've only been there a couple times I love it. There is so much interesting stuff. I always went with my mum because she needed something for the house. Now we were finally going for me. I couldn't wait to ship for my wand, or my robes, or my text books filled with the magic I would be learning.

"What's Diagon Alley?" I forgot that Kat has never even heard if it before.

"It's this really cool place where they have so many different shops that sell all these cool wizard stuff," I tried explaining.

"Angelina pretty much explained it. We need to go there to get school supplies for you and Angelina," my mother said.

Kat frowned. "I thought I already had all of my stuff."

"You have most of it, but you need a wand. Dumbledore couldn't get that for you because every wand is different. You also need to be fitted for robes."

By this time it was 11 am and everyone had finished breakfast. Kat began to clear the table, but my mother stopped her. "Darling don't worry I will get that. You and Angelina go get ready."

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Kathryn's POV

An hour later we were all standing in front of the large fireplace. Mrs. Johnson held a strange pot in her hand. It was willed with dark sand. "Okay girls we're going to travel by Floo Powder. Angelina you know how this works, but I'm going to explain it to Kat. All you have to do is step in the fireplace, drop the powder, and say Diagon Alley in a loud clear voice. Do you understand?"

"Um yeah I think," I said.

"Okay well just in case I'm going to have Angelina go first, then you, then me. Angelina go ahead."

Angelina grabbed a handful of powder and stepped into the fireplace. She threw the powder, and green flames enveloped her. "Diagon Alley," she said. She disappeared in a swirl of green flames. Next it was my turn. With a shaking hand, I grabbed a handful of the dark powder. "Go on dear, don't be nervous. And remember speak very clearly," Mrs. Johnson said kindly. I stepped in the fireplace, and threw the powder. The flames only tickled slightly. "Diagon Alley," I shouted. The Johnson's house disappeared and I was taken into the twisting darkness.

I flew out the fireplace, into a dimly lit room. Angelina was sitting at a table waiting for me. I walked over to her, and Mrs. Johnson came out of the fireplace. "Come alone girls," she said. We followed her out the back door, to a small courtyard. She pulled out a long, thin piece of wood from her pocket. A wand. She tapped the brick wall in front of her in a strange pattern. The bricks began to move, and seconds later it turned into an archway.

We walked through the archway and into a street. The shops that lined it were colorful. There were so many different items that were being advertised, each one stranger than the next. Mrs. Johnson smiled at me. "This is Diagon Alley."

Hogwarts Years 1-2जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें