Chapter 42

Angelina's POV

I was nervous. It was The morning of September 13th. The quidditch tryouts. I stood on the field with George, Fred, and Kat. After hours of pleading I finally convinced Kat to try out. Fred and George were going for beaters, and Kat and I were trying out for chasers. Charlie Weasley, the hot team captain, blew a whistle.

"Okay guys. First we're going to fly around the pitch. Second years mount your brooms, you'll be going first."

Fred, George, Kat, and I were the only second years there. We all mounted our brooms and flew around the pitch. I thought I flew okay.

"Very good second years. Now third years." The next few minutes went like this until each year had gotten to fly. "Alright. Now get in groups for the position you're trying for. Keepers over there, then chasers, then the beaters are here," Charlie said, gesturing to each spot on the field. There weren't going to be tryouts for a seeker because Charlie was the team's seeker.

Charlie had the keepers and chasers go first. He had three chasers fly up and shoot on each keeper. Then he had the beaters hit the bludgers around. About an hour later Charlie blew his whistle, and we all landed.

"All of you were fantastic, he said. "Now if I call your name I want you to hang back for a second. If your name isn't called you can leave."

I took a deep breath as he called out names.

"Oliver Wood." A fourth year boy stood beside Charlie.

"Fred Weasley." Fred joined Oliver.

"George Weasley." George stood by his twin.

"Sandra Mathews." A dark haired girl in her seventh year joined the rest of the boys.

"Kathryn Vance." I have Kat a thumbs up as she went to stand by George.

"And Angelina Johnson." I sighed in relief and stood next to my friends.

Grumbling, the rest of the kids began to leave. Charlie turned towards all of us and smiled. "Welcome to the team."

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Kat's POV

"Okay so I'm the seeker; Oliver is the keeper; Fred and George are the beaters; and Angelina, Kat, and Sandra are the chasers. Any questions?" The new members of the Gryffindor quidditch team shook their heads. "Good. The first practice is next Saturday at ten. Congrats on making the team guys," Charlie said before walking off. I threw myself at Fred and George, giving them tight hugs. I pulled away and hugged Angelina.

"Come on guys. Lets go eat, I'm starved." They all laughed and followed me to the Great Hall.

After lunch the day went by pretty quickly. The only eventful part of the day besides quidditch, was getting a detention from Snape. Apparently you're not supposed to put a dungbomb in a potion to see what happens. I probably would've gotten away with it, but he walked in his classroom at the wrong moment scaring the crap out of me and causing me to drop a whole cluster of mistletoe berries in the cauldron. Not to mention I snuck into his classroom to brew the potion. Now Snape's classroom is covered with a green slime that smells like dungbombs. Serves him right. I still got a weeks worth of detentions and twenty points from Gryffindor. Oops.

I had just walked into the common room when Fred and George nearly knocked me over with a hug. "My god Kat, how did you manage to pull the potion thing off?" George asked.

I grinned. "A master never tells their secrets."

"Well anyways it was absolutely brilliant."

"It was worth it too."

They laughed and the clock struck eleven. I gave the twins a hug goodnight and went up the stairs to my room. Angie was already asleep when I got up there. I got my pajamas on and laid down. Then the dreams came.

This didn't feel like the usual dreams I have. I looked around and saw a little blonde toddler with bright green eyes. I recognized that baby. She was me. This has to be in the past. Little Kat stood up, her eyes filling with joy. "Mummy!" She shouted. I turned around expecting to see my mother walking towards me. Instead a women with dark red hair and bright green eyes walked forward and picked Little Kat up. "Yes darling mummy is here," she said in a sweet voice, "how is my little Kitty Kat today?" Kitty Kat. I've heard that before. I know I have. I tried to remember, but I couldn't. "My day was good mummy," Little Kat said.

"Look at my big girl. You're so smart Kitty Kat. I can't believe you're only two. Someday you're doing to grow up and you won't need your mummy anymore."

"But I want to keep you mummy," Little Kat said.

The red haired women looked sad. Tears were forming in her green eyes. "I want to keep you too Kitty Kat. In times like these I'm not sure if I can. Whatever happens stay strong my darling. And when the time comes take care of your brother. He's going to need it someday."

"Okay mummy," Little Kat said as this woman set me down. The dream began to fade. Soon I was left in darkness.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

A/N: MWAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA. Okay bye.