Chapter 45

Fred's POV

Transfiguration was the last class of the day. Thank god because I was getting way too bored. Lee, George, Kat, Angelina, and I always like to sit in the back for transfiguration, so that's where we were today. The bell finally rang, and my friends and I jumped up to gather our things.

"Kat," I heard a voice behind me say. I turned and saw a girl with pale blonde hair, and dark blue eyes. Scarlet Malfoy stood in front of me. She was one of Hailey Anderson's followers before Hailey got pulled out. She knew what was going to happen to Kat last year, yet she didn't do anything to stop it. For that I hated her.

I glared at her, but she didn't seem to notice. She was only looking at Kat. Kat seemed surprised. As far as I knew Scarlet and Kat never talk to each other. Why start now?

"Kat can we talk?"

Something inside my brother snapped. "Why should she? After all you helped put her-."

"George," Kat warned. She placed a hand on his arm, which effectively shut him up. Kat looked at Scarlet. "Of course we can talk. Can you just give me a moment?" Scarlet nodded, and Kat turned to us. "Are you freaking crazy," I asked her.

She shrugged. "Maybe I am."

"What if she attacks you. For all we know this could be a trap," Angelina said.

"That's a risk I'm going to have to take."

"Why," Lee asked.

"Everyone deserved a second chance."

"You're too nice for your own good," George muttered.

"George I'll be fine. You don't have to worry about me remember?"

He nodded, but I could obviously see him freaking out in the inside. "Angie, Lee will you guys take Fred and George back to the common room."

"We're not babies," I protested, "We can get to the common room by ourselves."

"Yes, but knowing you two you'll probably do something rash and stupid while I'm away. I'll meet up with you guys later." Then she walked off to meet Scarlet Malfoy.

We went to the common room like she asked. Angelina and Lee began to do their own things, but George an I sat on the couch and waited for Kat's return.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Kat's POV

Scarlet led me out of the castle and to a certain tree that grew by the lake. She sat down and gestured for me to do the same. After I sat Scarlet began to talk. "It's okay if we talk out here right? I usually sit under this tree if I'm trying to think or concentrate." I nodded and she continued. "I just want to start off with saying that I'm sorry for everything. I don't want you to think of me as one of the girls who out you through hell. I want to apologize because you're really nice and I was hoping we could maybe be friends. I only hung out with Hailey because my parents pressured me into it. I've known her since birth, so she just sort of became my friend. Until last year when she started getting violent. She wanted to make someone feel pain. She just chose the person she was jealous of the most."

I laughed. "Why would she be jealous of me?"

"You're pretty, smart, and everything she wants to be. I know that this is all a pathetic excuse for an apology, but I am done trying to please my parents. I've decided to make my life how I want it. What do you say? Friends?"

I hugged her. At first she seemed surprised, but then she hugged me back. I pulled back and looked her in the eye.

"Friends."

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

A/N: Sorry if this is shorter than usual. I liked writing this chapter because two opposite girls became friends. Scarlet is a Slytherin who just hung out with the wrong people. She's been pressured all her life by her parents, Lucius and Narcissa Malfoy. She loves her brother Draco dearly, and would do anything for him. If you have any other questions about her let me know!

Oh gods I've just created unintentional drama without realizing it. Oopsy.