Chapter 7

Kathryn's POV

With another crack Professor Dumbledore and I appeared in front of a large house in what looked like London. He walked up to the front door and knocked three times. Lights turned on inside the house and I could hear someone making their way to the door. A minute later the door opened to reveal a tall dark skinned man with shiny black hair. Without a second glance at me he invited us in.

The man lead us to the vast sitting room before speaking. "Hello Dumbledore, I assume this is the girl," he said in a deep voice. At that moment a woman who looked like his wife walked in. "Oh this must be the poor darling you told us about," she said in a kindly.

"Yes this is Kathryn Vance. Is it still okay if she stays here until the start of term?"

"Of course it is. Angelina would love to have a friend. We all would love to have Kathryn," the woman spoke.

"Who's Angelina?" I asked when I recovered my voice.

"Our daughter. She will be going into her first year with you. Let me go get her now." She hurried up the stairs.

Dumbledore smiled. "Thank you again Brandon. I'm so happy you and Susan could help me out. Kathryn all of your school supplies are in the guest bedroom. Have fun with Angelina and if you have any questions ask the Johnson's. Well I must be off, goodbye." I heard the crack again and Dumbledore was gone.

(A/N: Angelina's parents are never mentioned so I made up names for them.)
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Angelina's POV (A/N: Bet you weren't expecting that. Many other characters will also have POV's)

A loud crack pulled me out of my dreams. I have only heard that sound from when mum or dad disapparates. A minute later I heard my father open the door. Albus Dumbledore's voice traveled up to my bedroom. I could only catch bits and pieces of the conversation happening below me. I swear I heard a young girl's voice.

I heard my mother coming up the stairs. Light from the hallway flooded my bedroom as she pushed open the door. She saw that I was awake and say on the edge of my bed. "Angelina," she said in a soft voice, "Come downstairs with me. There is someone your father and I want you to meet."

I was fully awake now. "Who is it?"

"She's a little girl who's your age. She will be going to Hogwarts with you. Dumbledore has asked us to let her stay here until the school year starts."

"Why isn't she staying with her mum and dad. Won't they want to see her before she leaves for a couple months?"

My mum's smile wavered. "Darling you must understand this. There are some people who are different from us."

"You mean muggles right?"

"Yes the muggles. There are children with two muggle parents, yet they have magical abilities. The girl you're about to meet is one of these children. Her mother refuses to believe in magic. Im also guessing shes scared too. The little girl's mother has pushed her away because she was born with magic. She has no where to go now and we are taking her in." My mum looked genuinely sad for the girl she met just minutes ago.

My mum stood up and I followed her. Together we went down the stairs to meet the mysterious girl my mum was talking about.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

A/N: We have our first character POV switch! Kat will be staying at Angelina Johnson's house until the term starts because they are going into their first year together. Also in the next few chapters you will learn more about Kat's background.