Chapter 30

Kat's POV

After I had woken up things began to settle down. I began to go to my regular classes everyday. Madam Pomfrey was still keeping an eye on me for any brain damage, so I had to sleep in the hospital wing each night.

One day I finally got a chance to go through all the little things that people sent me while I was in the coma. I got loads of candy, but I also got some letters. The one I got from Angelina read:

Dear Kat,
All of us put pretty torn up about what happened to you. Especially Fred, George, Eva and I. It's lonely in the common room. Sure I have Alicia, but it's not the same as having you with us. Wake up soon. Please.
Missing you terribly,
Angelina

I also got a little note from Eva that read:

Dear Kat,
Everyone misses you dearly. I miss having you around during classes. They're all boring without you. We all come to see you just about everyday. Get better soon,
Eva

I actually received an entire stack of letters from Ginny, who kept her promise in writing to me every week. The most recent letter she sent read:

Dear Kat,
When you wake up I better get a huge long letter from you. I mean it. Anyways, Fred and George arrived last night. They look absolutely terrible. I know it's because they're worried about you. Everyone at home is. My mum hasn't stopped crying since we got the news. When I heard I started crying too. When Fred and George go back to school I'm sending a super special package with them. If they don't get it to you then please smack them for me.
Love love love love,
Ginny

Ginny's letter was the first that made me laugh. Next to the stack of letters was a small brown package. I picked it up and saw that it was the one Ginny was talking about. I carefully began to unwrap it. Inside was a beautiful necklace. It had a black string chain and a light pink seashell. A note fell out.

I got this seashell at the beach the one time my family went on vacation. I spent all week making this for you. I hope you like it.
-Ginny

I put it on with my other necklace. The last thing left was a small notebook. I opened it to the first page.

February 1
Fred and I thought it would be a good idea to write down everything that's happened since you've been in a coma. Each day we will take turns writing in here. I hope you get the chance to read this when you wake up. Anyways, you've been in a coma for a week now. Fred and I are both worried sick about you. It hurts to sit here and watch you when you look like you're in pain. That's all I'm going to write today.
-George.

I turned the page to find another entry.

February 2
Today Hailey Anderson got suspended for three weeks. It serves the stupid prat right. Dumbledore was outraged to find that she hurt you. I almost had to restrain George from killing her when he found out it actually was her who attacked you. We both went to class, but it doesn't feel the same. It's weird not having you sitting with us, or laughing at our jokes, or helping us mess with Filch. It's just weird.
-Fred

I flipped through the pages and found a later entry.

March 30
I'm getting really worried about George. I know it's because he has to see you like this everyday. I also know that if you were here you would set him straight. I keep telling him that you would hate to see him like this. He just keeps getting worse. Our birthday is coming up, but neither of us are really excited. The only thing we want for our birthday is for you to wake up. Just please wake up.
-Fred

I flipped to the very last entry.

April 10
Today Dumbledore told Fred and I that we are going home for a week. He told us to pack our things because we're leaving tonight. I guess he has every right to send us home. We've been lying in the hospital wing literally sick with worry for the past few days. He thinks that if we're home with mum for a couple of days, well get better. He's probably right. This is the very last entry that I'm writing because if you wake up while we're gone I want you to read this. These past few months have been torture without you with us. I just want you to know that. I promise I'll be back as soon as I can be. And I'll be right back at your side. I know you're fighting to get back to us. I just want you to know that I believe that you can wake up. I believe in your strength to make it. I believe in you.
Love, Georgie

I didn't notice I was crying until Madam Pomfrey asked what was wrong.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Fred's POV

Ever since Kat made it out of her coma I've noticed the change in the both of us. Especially George. We're both laughing more, and smiling, and making idiots of ourselves like always. Seeing Kat awake and well has lifted our spirits.

She now goes to classes with us, eats meals in the Great Hall, and is allowed to spend break with us. It's nice to see her for a change. Each night George and I will walk her back to the hospital wing and hug her goodnight. Then the cycle would start over again. It was brilliant.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

George's POV

I was absolutely ecstatic when they let Kat start attending classes. It was almost as if nothing had changed. She would laugh with us, pull pranks with us, and spend every moment with us and her other friends. I felt myself getting better as each day went by. Not just physically, but emotionally as well.

I never really understood how much Kat had effected mine and Fred's lives. When she was lying there for all those weeks we had both felt empty. There was a numbness that never went away. It got better when we spent the week at mum's, but it never completely disappeared. Now she was awake and on the way to a full recovery.

And I felt whole again for the first time in moths.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

A/N: I realize that most of the chapter was in Kat's POV, but cut her some slack guys. The poor girl has been in a coma for about two months.