Chapter 22

Fred's POV

The month of November passed by too quickly. Soon there was snow on the ground, and people were counting down the days until Christmas. George an I were planning on going back home for the holiday break. We just felt really bad about leaving Kat alone here. I also still needed to figure out what to get Kat for Christmas. I decided to write to mum for help.

Dear Mum,
George an I have this friend named Kat. She is absolutely incredible. We both want to give her our presents before we leave her for the holidays, but neither of us knows what to get her. We just really want this Christmas to be special for her because she hasn't had the best ones in the past. She's also staying at Hogwarts over the holidays because her mum doesn't want her home. We just want to give her something to cheer her up. Any advice on what to get her?
Well I'll see ya at Christmas
Love, Fred.

P.S. George sends his love to you, dad, ickle ronniekins, and Ginny.

I sent it off with Errol, the family owl, and went down to meet Kat and George

******

Two days later I was sitting at the Gryffindor table for breakfast. The daily owl post came in and I found Errol flying at me. He narrowly missed my breakfast and landed in my lap. I pulled the envelope off his leg. "Good job buddy. Go get some rest." He flew off.

I opened it under the table so Kat wouldn't see.

Dear Fred and George,
Does this lovely young lady happen to be the girl George was going on about?

I started laughing uncontrollably. George and Kat looked at me with curious expressions. George saw the letter in my hand and read the first sentence. The tips of his ears started to turn pink and I laughed harder.

If so she really is a nice girl. I would say get her something that comes from the heart. If she's your best friend then it shouldn't matter what you get her. It's the thought that counts. Also I have a surprise for you boys that you'll be getting soon enough. I will see you both for the holidays
Love, mum

After we both finished reading my face was still red from laughing, and George's ears were still pink. "I wonder what surprise she was talking about," I said.

"Who knows. We'll find out soon enough though."

We all were halfway through breakfast when an entirely pitch black owl landed at our table.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Kathryn's POV

My owl, Amethyst, landed in front of me at breakfast. An envelope was tied to her led. Quickly I untied it an fed her some of my food. She then sat there as if waiting for me to respond to the letter. I looked at the front.

To Miss Kathryn Vance
Gryffindor Table, Great Hall
Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

I slid my finger under the flap and pulled out the letter.

My Dearest Kathryn,
I know me writing to you may seem odd, but I would like to talk with you. I am Mrs. Weasley, Fred and George's mum. I believe we've met before when George rudely ran into you at Diagon Alley. I know that he was the one who really ran into you, but it was sweet that you tried to stop him from getting in trouble. I am so happy that Fred and George have made a friend like you while at school. They speak so highly of you in their letters.

I turned somewhat red and giggled at the thought if Fred and George writing about me to their mum. The twins stared at me. "Are you going mad on us or something," George asked.

"No you're mother is just really funny," I replied. They both looked shocked, but I ignored them and continued reading.

The main reason that I am writing is to invite you to stay at our house for the Christmas holidays. I would really love to see you again and I'm sure that Fred and George would enjoy having you over as well. The rest of the family is also very excited to meet you. You don't have to come, but please know that you are welcome at the Burrow whenever you please. Please send your reply with that lovely owl of yours.
Happy Holidays Kathryn,
Molly Weasley

I finished reading and smiled widely. I grabbed some parchment and a quill out of my bag.

Dear Mrs. Weasley,
Please feel free to call me Kat instead of Kathryn. Also I would be delighted to spend Christmas with your family. Thank you so much for inviting me. It really means a lot to me. I'm sure the boys will be happy to hear I'm staying, although I'm not sure at the moment because they are sitting across from me, shocked because I mentioned you wrote to me. Good one there. Thank you again for inviting me for the holidays.
I look forward to seeing you on break,
Kat Vance

I proof read my letter. Then I tied it to Amethyst and she flew away to deliver it. I watched her fly until she was just a pitch black dot against the pale blue sky. I then looked at the twins, who still looked surprised from earlier.

"Come on boys get over it," I grinned, "On a totally related note, who's ready for Christmas?"

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

A/N: Sorry if this chapter is a bit shorter than usual.

I would like to make an announcement.

I have now dedicated this book to Mae (@smileygirl911) because she an awesome friend, and an active reader in this book. The ravenclaw girl, Evangeline Swan, who is Kat's friend is based off of Mae.

That's all:)

Keep on reading my dears.