Chapter 12

Kathryn's POV

When I lifted my head from the ground, I saw a red haired boy my age laying next to me. He stood up and offered me his hand and I took it. He helped me off the ground and together we picked up everything we dropped. After we finished cleaning up a woman who looked like his mother came running at us.

"George. You can't run off like that. I had no idea where you were going, and you also knocked down this poor girl," she scolded him.

"Ma'am it was my fault," I said. I don't know why, but I didn't want to get this boy in trouble. "I wasn't watching where I was going, and I ran into him." I turned to the boy. "I'm very sorry I ran into you. I was being careless and wasn't paying attention to where I was going."

The boy, George I think, gave me a strange look. He knew very well that he ran into me, yet I was taking the blame. "Very well then. Come along George, everyone else is waiting," his mother said walking away.

"I didn't catch your name," he said to me.

"It's Kat. Kat Vance."

"Well thanks for that Kat." He gave me a mischievous grin and ran after his mother.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Angelina's POV

We started off down the street. We were in front of the robe shop when I realized that Kat wasn't with us. "Mum. Kat isn't with us anymore." That got her attention. "What! Where is she then?"

"I have no idea. Maybe we should go back by Olivander's to see if she's there," I suggested. She agreed with me and together we ran off. We were nearly out of breath when when we reached Olivander's. I searched frantically for Kat. I found waving goodbye to a red haired boy a little ways down from the shop. I got my mum's attention and together we ran to meet her. Immediately my mum crushed her into a hug. "Kat don't ever do that again. We were both worried sick about you."

She looked confused. "Don't do what again?"

"We went down the street to buy robes and you weren't with us anymore," I explained.

"Oh well you see I walked out of the shop and George ran into me. We both fell and dropped most of our stuff. He helped me get my stuff together and then his mother came and they both went back to wherever they came from. I didn't even notice you guys had left."

"It's okay darling just don't scare me like that again. I nearly had a heart attack."

After my mum had recovered, we went back to Madam Malkin's Robes for All Occasions. I stayed a little behind my mum and walked with Kat. "George huh?" I smirked. She blushed slightly. "You mean the annoying boy who ran into me on the street? Yes his name was George."

"Girls hurry up," my mum said and we ran into the shop, ending the conversation. We quickly got measured for robes. Before we left we had gotten some potion ingredients, and Kat got an owl. I got one earlier in the summer, so I helped Kat buy food for it. After that we went back to the Leaky Caldron to go back home. My mum handed me some Floo Powder and seconds later I was back at my house. Kat and my mum came out of the fireplace after me. We ate a quick dinner. It was 10:30 now.

"Okay girls tomorrow we have packing to do so go straight to bed," my mum said as Kat and I went up the stairs. I said goodnight to Kat and got ready for bed.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Kathryn's POV

Before I went to bed I washed out the scrapes I got from falling earlier. Then I sorted through everything I bought. I couldn't believe that Mrs. Johnson let me buy an owl at one of the tiny shops we passed. She told me that I needed to be able to communicate with other wizards. I would decide what to name her tomorrow.

I emptied my bags on the bed and began sorting through all the strange things I got. Something silver and shiny caught my eye. It appeared to be some sort of locket. I opened it and there was a picture of two red haired boys. The picture moved, showing the two boys laughing hysterically at something outside the picture. They were both identical, but I knew that one of them was the boy who ran into me earlier today. On the back there were two words.

George Weasley

Great. Now I have this thing of his and I most likely will never see him again. I didn't want to lose it though. I ended up stringing it on the necklace I wore everyday along with my Gringotts key. I then fell asleep, where the red haired boy greeted me in my dreams.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

A/N: Yes George has a locket. If you didn't know it was a picture of himself and Fred. In this book it actually means quiet a lot to him considering that Fred is both his best friend and brother.