Chapter 18

Kathryn's POV

Angelina and I were heading to breakfast. It was my first morning here and I suddenly felt all magical. We both were crossing the common room when someone crashed into me. I hit my head on the edge of the fireplace. My head erupted in pain. My vision was blurred and black spots danced in front of me.

"Oh god Kat. Kat come on talk to me."

I couldn't place the voice but I swear it was familiar. The pain intensified. Everything was fading out. I heard other voices very distantly. Only one stood out. I could hear it loud and clear.

"Kat, please."

Then I blacked out.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

George's POV

She fell again. This time it was different. She hit her head on the edge of the fireplace. Blood was already seeping out of her head. I fell to my knees beside her.

"Oh god Kat. Kat come on talk to me."

Her eyes began to close. I thought I heard Fred go off to get help, but I wasn't sure. Everything else was black and white to me. She was the only thing that mattered at the moment.

"Kat, please."

Her eyes closed completely. I shook her repeatedly. No response. I felt another presence at my shoulder. Much larger than Fred.

"Here George let me see her. I'll make sure she gets to the hospital wing," Bill said softly. He gathered her in his arms and made his way out the portrait hole. I ran after him. I had to make sure she was okay.

"George go back to the common room."

"No. It was my fault she fell in the first place. I should at least make sure she's okay," I said. I was staying with her and that was that.

"It was your fault? Oh god Georgie what did you do?"

"I ran into here."

"Again?" He sounded almost amused.

"Yep. It's like the third time since I've met her."

"George, take it from me, if you wanted to make a first impression that's not the way to do it," he said, while grinning.

I was about to reply, but we reached the hospital wing. It was absolutely spotless. As soon as we walked in with Kat, the nurse took charge.

"My, my. What happened to the poor girl?"

"She fell Madam Pomfrey. We came here as fast as we could." Even with my clear panic, Bill spoke calmly. Madam Pomfrey turned towards me. "My dear boy don't worry. I can fix her up in a second. It's just waiting for her to wake up. That's the problem. Bill set the girl here and you both can leave." Bill set Kat down and started towards the door. "Come on George. It's time to leave."

"No I'm staying here until she wakes up." I looked at the nurse for support. I couldn't leave her alone. I just couldn't. "It's okay if he stays. You won't get in my way will you?" She asked me.

"No ma'am." I proved my point by sitting in a plastic chair in the corner. As Bill walked out the door I swear I heard him laugh.

I watched Madam Pomfrey go to work. Soon Kat was all fixed up. The bleeding stopped, and the gash healed. All she needed to do was wake up.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Fred's POV (A/N: Hehehehehehe)

I sat on the couch and waited for Bill to come back. I certainly wasn't going to breakfast with all that had just went on. I told Lee to take Angelina to breakfast. Kat's friend looked pretty shocked at what had just happened. I was too. I mean I didn't know her well, but I considered Kat somewhat of a friend. The portrait hole opened to reveal Bill, but George was nowhere to be found.

"Bill where did George go. I swear if he went to breakf-."

"He wanted to stay with her, so I let him."

I grinned. That boy. He could claim he didn't care for her all he wanted, but at the end of the day we all knew the truth. "Um Fred, just leave him be for a while. He is blaming himself for it all, so the best thing to do is leave him alone." I nodded. What can I do with my day now. George and I had planned to randomly walk around the school to see what we could find.

I found myself walking towards the Great Hall. I found Lee and Angelina and I sat down. A new girl was with them.

"Hi I'm Alicia Spinnet," she said.

"Fred Weasley. I would introduce you to my twin, George, but he's occupied at the moment."

Angelina looked at me worriedly. "Bill didn't tell me much, but I'm sure she will be fine," I said trying to reassure her.

"I hope so."

"Yeah so do I."

******

I walked up to the hospital wing. I had a small plate of food in my hand. I was getting worried about George. He missed breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I walked in and found him sitting at Kat's bedside. He looked exhausted.

"Hey George, I brought you some dinner," I whispered. He looked up at me and took the plate. "Thanks."

"Hey that's what brothers are for, right." I said trying to get the playful, teasing George I knew. Not the quiet, somewhat sad one.

"Fred, it's all my fault. She wouldn't be here if it wasn't for me."

"Nonsense. Georgie, you may have ran into her, but I don't think that's exactly a bad thing. Somehow this will turn out to be good. It may take years, but you are both going to be happy you ran into each other. Literally." Whoa where did that come from? I've never been the one for deep, emotional conversations.

"Are you implying what I think you're implying," George said, finally catching on.

"What's that George," I said innocently. "All I'm saying is that when you're all married with kids and crap, you're going to be happy you guys ran into each other." I smirked.

"Not this again. I don't like her like that. She's cool, but I don't like like her."

I walked out the door. "Whatever you say George."

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

George's POV

I had fallen asleep in the uncomfortable plastic chair. The clock chiming woke me up. I glanced at the clock. It was only 8:30. A bit of movement next to my hand startled me. I looked at Kat to see she was stirring. Finally. I've spent all day in this hospital wing worried sick about her. She opened her eyes slowly and sat up.

"Hey Kat, how are you feeling?"

She looked at me with wide eyes. "Who are you?"

I froze.

"She could have done some damage to the brain," Madam Pomfrey said while working on Kat's head. "But we can't be sure until she wakes up."

I panicked. "What sort of brain damage?"

"Amnesia, short term memory, and on extreme terms permanent memory damage."

"Permanent memory damage?"

"Yes dear. She could lose whole years of her life. She might not even remember who she is when she wakes up," the nurse said.

"I said who are you? And where am I?" Kat demanded. She looked scared.

Permanent memory loss

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

A/N: Oops.