Supernatural AU

Yep, it's another Supernatural fanfic. This one is an AU, based off of the book Rated by Melissa Grey. 

Basically how it works is you have a watch on your wrist, and the higher your rating is, the better your life is. If your rating goes below 70, then you're a problem kid. The lower your rating is the harder you have to work to get it back up. Also, it's in high school, and if your rating goes below a 19, then you are kicked out. 

I've never written this type before, please, if it sucks, message me, and I'll work to fix it. Also, read Rated, it's super good!!!!

Dean's POV--54

I wince as my rating drops a number. 

53

It's not like I'm trying to get myself kicked out, it's that schools like this, where the rating on your wrist matters most. 

And I'm trying. I promised Sammy, my younger brother, I would try. But I can't focus in school. There's just...it's hard to focus on the board, and the leaning, and well, it's hard. 

The principal has already talked with me. He said if my rating hits a 55, then I'm going to have to get a tutor. 

I can't get a tutor. I can barely afford to put me and Sam in this school. 

My dad had a good rating, like Sammy. He even met our mom in this school. But then, a couple of months after she had Sammy, she died. In a fire. 

That was hard on him. He started drinking, gambling, and eventually, he gambled most of our money away. I'm working two jobs to keep our house, and sometimes it's not enough. 

"Dean!" Sam runs up to me, his dark brown hair flopping over his multicolored eyes. "I'm not going home with you today, I'm going home with the Novaks."

The Novaks. The most prestigious family in Lawrence. Twins Micheal and Lucifer graduated from Maplethorne (Sorry, this is the school from the book, and I don't have the energy to come up with a different name) five years ago, with one of the highest ratings in school history. 

Next up is Anna Novak. She's a senior, and one of the best writers Maplethorne has seen. She already has a published book. 

After her is Castiel Novak. He's my age, we're both juniors. He has all A's, which not even Anna can say. He's smart, doesn't really do much but study. 

Lastly is Gabriel. The black sheep of the family, Gabriel's ranking is an 82. He prefers playing pranks to studying. He is smart though, I'll give him that. He's Sam's age, they're both freshmen. 

"So, can I?" Sam asks. I nod, smiling. 

It's good he found a friend. Lately, all Sam has been focused on is his rating. It's really high, at a 90. If anyone will pull our family out of the mess we're in, it's Sam. He wants to be a lawyer, go to Harvard, and with his rating, he'll definitely get in. 

"Great!" Sam cheers and runs over to where the Novak clan is gathered around a minivan. My wrist buzzes twice, but I barely notice. 

"Can Dean Winchester please report to the principal's office. Dean Winchester to the principal's." A crackly voice over the loudspeaker echoes through the courtyard. Sam turns around and meets my eyes, wringing his hands, a nervous tick he picked up from me. 

I give Sam a reassuring smile, and start the long walk to the principal's office. 

People stare at me as I walk down the crowded hallways, filled with kids leaning against lockers.

"Dean, what'd you do this time?" My best friend Charlie comes up to me, bumping her shoulder against mine. 

"Nothing, I don't think." I check my rating. 

50

"Shit!" I curse loudly. My wrist buzzes. 

49

I show Charlie my rating, and she gasps. "Holy crap. Dean, that's not good. You're going to have to get a tutor right?" 

"Yeah. Probably one of the Novak's, but I don't want to have to deal with their stuck up family for longer than a minute when I'm picking Sam up." I grumble. 

"Sam's at the Novak's house?" 

"Yeah. He and Gabriel are apparently friends now." Charlie shrugs, and we stop in front of the principal's office. 

"Well, good luck. And if you get Anna for a tutor, give me her number." Charlie winks at me, before spinning around, and walking in the other direction. 

I take a deep breath, before walking into the principal's office. 

Castiel's POV--94

I was called to the principal's office. I don't know why, I haven't done anything wrong, but here I am. 

Sitting in front of our principal, in one of those uncomfortable plastic chairs. 

Our principal, Bobby Singer, just made an announcement over the loudspeaker, announcing for Dean Winchester to come to the main office. 

I don't know why I'm in here, especially with Dean Winchester, but if something happens, I'm blaming it on Dean. My rating can't take a hit, not when I'm so close to senior year. 

The door opens, and I turn in my seat to see Dean walk in. My breath catches in my throat. 

His bright green eyes sparkle with fear, and he anxiously runs his hand through his light brown hair. He crinkles his nose in confusion when he sees me sitting there. 

"Mr. Singer," Dean says respectively.

"Mr. Winchester. Take a seat." Dean nods and hurridly sits down in the other chair. 

"Mr. Winchester, I'm assuming you know why you're here?" Mr. Singer starts. Dean nods. "Mr. Novak, I've brought you in here to ask if you could tutor Mr. Winchester. His rating has fallen drastically, and the reputation of this school will not be dragged through the mud by a couple of no good students." Mr. Singer orders. 

"I can do that, sir," I agree. 

I subtly check my rating on my wrist. 

94

Anna's graduating in a couple of months, and his rating is 96. My parents have high expectations for me too. And Gabe, but I think they've given up on him. His rating isn't too bad, but an 82 for our family is basically a 19, bad enough to get you kicked out. 

"Good." Mr. Singer claps his hands together. "Mr. Novak, you'll tutor Mr. Winchester every Wednesday, and one other choice day. Now, you're both dismissed." 

Dean and I lock eyes, and I'm almost elated. I know Dean doesn't like me or my family all that much, but this is a perfect excuse to get to know him, and maybe he'll realize we're not that bad. 

Ok, I kinda really like this AU.

There will be a part 2, if you were concerned. 

Sorry, that was so long, I wanted to get the world, and the characters set up. 

Please vote and share!!!

And comment if you have any ideas or ships or fandoms you want to see!!!

Love you all!!!

XOXO Valkyrie