Bring Him Back (Supernatural)

HIIIII

get excited for angsttttttttttttt 

there will be spoilers for 15.19 of supernatural, so be warned!!!

this is destiel btw

Dean couldn't do it anymore. 

They defeated Chuck, they returned the people to the world, and they were finally free. 

And Dean couldn't hold it together anymore. 

He'd held himself together throughout it all, after Jack left, after everyone came back. Dean kept his pain locked up in his chest, and smiled, and laughed when he was supposed to, barely registering anything beyond the fact that Cas was... was...

He was... 

Dean excused himself from the dinner table, where Jody, Donna and the girls were all catching up. 

He walked down the hall to Cas's room and opened the door. 

Dean sat down on the bed, dust rising from the unused sheets. 

A sob rips through Dean's body, and he buries his head in his head. 

"Cas." Dean cries, tears rolling down his cheeks. "I'm so sorry. I should've done something. I should've said it back. I should've... Cas..." 

"Dean."

Dean jerks his head up to see Jack standing in front of him, wearing the same clothes he was wearing when he disappeared. 

Dean subtly wiped his tears away, and meets Jack's eyes. 

"Bring him back." Dean demands, standing up, so he's slightly taller than Jack. "Bring him back now." Dean's voice cracks on 'now'. 

"Dean, I-"

A wave of anger crashes over Dean, and he pushes Jack against the wall. 

"You bring him back! Please." Tears stream down Dean's face. 

"That's why I came, Dean. I found a way to bring him back. I just needed something of his to locate him in the Empty." 

Dean releases Jack, and takes off his jacket. 

"Would this work?" Dean reluctantly holds out the jacket with Cas's handprint on the sleeve. Jack nods, taking the jacket, and his eyes start glowing. 

The same inky black hole that took Cas opened in his room, and Cas was forcefully shoved through, falling on his knees. 

"Cas." Dean rushes over to Cas and kneels down, making sure that Cas is okay. Dean hears Jack walk out the door, leaving the two alone. 

"You're okay." Dean says, relief 

"Dean I... I just wanted to apologize for what I said before getting summoned. I shouldn't have thrown that on you, and I know you probably don't feel the same and-"

Dean cups Cas's face in his hands and brings their lips together, unable to wait any longer. 

"I love you I love you I love you." Dean murmurs, pressing soft kisses to Cas's cheeks, nose, face. 

"You-" Cas lets out a breathless laugh, and leans into Dean's touch. "I love you too." 

"But you aren't allowed to ever do that again. No more sacrificing yourself." Dean presses his forehead to Cas's, and lets the tears fall down freely. 

"I won't. I promise." Cas says, kissing Dean again. 

Dean wraps his arms around Cas, burrowing his head in the crook of Cas's neck, breathing in the familiar scent, grounding him. 

"I'm never letting you leave again." Dean murmurs. Cas hums in agreement, and Dean presses a kiss to Cas's cheek. 

"I love you so much." Dean breathes. "More than you could possibly know."

"I feel the same." Cas says, tightening his hold on Dean. 

And as the two finally stand up, and walk out to find everyone else, they walk out hand in hand, unwilling to let each other out of their sight. 

It only took fifteen years, but finally, Dean was happy. 

WOOOOOOO

guys I'm so nervous for the finale, so I wrote this cute fluff fix it fic because my heart was hurting and it still is

any requests you want to read just send me a message or comment!!!

also share and vote thx so much!!

XOXO Valkyrie