The Darkest Hour Pt. 2 (Merlin)

WOO part two. 

faster than I expected. 

anyways, enjoy. 

oh its merthur. if you didn't know

Arthur brushes Merlin's hand, as he lies on the horse, semi-conscious. 

"This is my fault and I'm sorry." Arthur breathes as he watches Merlin's shallow breathing. 

"Take me with you." Merlin rasps, attempting to push himself up.

"You would die, Merlin." Arthur says, his voice breaking. "I can't have that."

"But you don't understand." Merlin begs. "Please, Arthur." Merlin's voice cracks on the please, and tears spring to Arthur's eyes. 

"Don't you ever do as you're told." Arthur tells him, jokingly, ignoring the pain in his chest, and the tears rolling down his cheeks. 

"I have to come with you." Merlin repeats, looking at his king, desperation filling his eyes. 

"Merlin-" Arthur starts. 

"We need to leave." Lancelot rides over, and Arthur quickly wipes the tears off his face. 

"Go." Arthur replies shortly. 

***

Three days have past. 

Arthur has tried to distance himself as worry gnaws at him. 

Merlin will be okay, he's strong, a voice in his head whispers, he has to be. Arthur didn't know what he would do without his servant, without his best friend. 

He's more than that, the voice replies. 

Yes, yes he is. Arthur allowed himself a small smile, before looking back at the fire that he and his knights sit around. 

They hear a creak from behind them, and collectively draw their swords to see Lancelot, standing by himself. 

"Lancelot." Arthur nods his head, barely able to keep himself from hounding his knight with questions about Merlin. "How's Merlin?" 

Lancelot frowns. "Bad news." 

Arthur feels his heart drop, and tears well up in his eyes. 

"He's still alive." 

Merlin walks out from behind a pillar, smiling widely. 

"Merlin." Arthur breathes and runs over to Merlin, pressing a hasty kiss to his lips. 

Merlin gasps, before kissing back, his hands snaking around Arthur's middle and pulling him closer to Merlin. 

"I thought you were dead." Arthur whispers, breathing hard. 

"You think a ghost can kill me." Merlin replies, smiling sadly. Arthur feels tears dripping down his face. 

Merlin moves his hands to cup Arthur's face, wiping away the tears. 

"I'm here." Merlin says. "I'm not leaving."

"Promise?"

"Promise."

AWW HELLA CUTE 

I've literally had this idea in my head since I watched the episode, so naturally this is my first fic

I hope you liked it!!!

please vote share and comment any ideas or ships you have or want to see!!

(NO INCEST!!!!)

thanks for reading!!!

XOXO Valkyrie