Supernatural

WARNING THIS CONTAINS SPOILERS FROM S8!! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

This is destiel. it takes place a couple of months after Cas gets back from purgatory

Dean's POV

I keel forward, pressing my hand to the bleeding gash in my side. 

"Cas?" I moan. "Sam? Anyone?" 

Pitch black. There's no one around. 

"Cas?" My voice breaks.

I'm scared. So scared. I'm going to die, alone and-

"Dean!" Cas's rough voice pulls me out of my nightmare. "Are you ok?" I nod, breathing heavily. I look around at my room in the bunker. I'm not dying.

"What are you doing here, Cas I though. you were in heaven?" I ask once I've settled down. Cas looks me up and down, before taking a seat on the edge of my bed.

"I could feel your...your longing me. For Sam. For a friend. I'm assuming it was-" Cas starts to explain, his face flushing. 

I look down at my tangled sheets, hoping Cas doesn't notice my equally flushed cheeks. 

"Yeah, just a nightmare," I answer, cutting my friend off. 

Cas looks at me, concern in his deep blue eyes.

Finally, he stands up and walks over to the door and opens it. He looks back at me one, his eyes full of longing, concern and... something else. Something I hadn't seen before. 

THE NEXT NIGHT

I walk through long hallways, twisting and curving throughout the bunker. I enter the living room, noticing a dim silhouette laying on the ground.

I race over and fall to my knees, realizing who the body is. 

"Cas." I breathe, tears pricking at my eyes. "You can't be..." 

Tears start pouring out of my eyes and I grab Cas's lifeless hand in my own. "You promised, Cas, you promised that even if everybody else was gone, was dead, you'd still be here." My voice cracks and I look around, hoping for something, anything that could help.

"You promised, Cas, after everything!" I slam my fist on the ground. "Please, don't leave me, please-"

My eyes snap open and I sit up quickly. 

Cas is standing above my head, hands outstretched like he wanted to wake me. 

"Dean," Cas says, relief evident in his eyes. He drops hands after a moment and takes a seat on the edge of my bed. "What's wrong? And don't say you're fine, because I know you aren't." Cas demands. 

I sigh, hanging my head. 

"It started after Purgatory," I admit. Cas tilts his head up and waits for me to continue. "I started having nightmares that I'd left you to die. then I got you back, and I thought the nightmares would stop, but they got worse. Every night, now, featuring Sam, Kevin, Charlie, but mostly you." I can't meet Cas's eyes. 

"Dean, why didn't you tell me? Why didn't you tell Sam? We could've helped." Cas comforts. 

"I didn't want to be a burden," I mumble. 

"You will never be a burden!" Cas cries. "Not to Sam! Not to me! Never to me." Cas lowers his voice, and won't meet my eyes. 

"Cas? What do you mean?" 

"Damnit, Dean!" Cas stands up, outraged. "Five years! Five years, and I've tried to show you how I feel! We have a more profound bond? I raised you from Perdition. And still nothing! it's like you don't even care!" Cas finishes. He sits down, defeated. I move so I'm sitting next to him.

"You..."

"Yes, Dean! I love you so much!" Cas exclaims, a tear falling down his face.

"I l-love you too," I answer, smiling at Cas. He meets my eyes, grinning weakly. 

"Really?"

"Cas, you're amazing. Of course!" I wrap Cas in a hug and whisper in his ear. "Will you be my boyfriend?" 

Cas pulls away and nods happily. "Yes yes yes!" I stand up and pull Cas up with me, spinning us both till we're dizzy. 

Or at least until I'm dizzy. I don't know if angels get dizzy. 

We fall back on my bed and I lean in and kiss my boyfriend lightly on the lips. 

Cas smiles, and I press my forehead against his, happy. 

Ok, honestly that was kinda crap, but I'm sleep deprived. 

Thank y'all for reading, this far, it means a lot!!!!

Please request oneshots, or at least fandoms!!!

XOXO Valkyrie