The Boggart (Sherlock)

WASSUPPPPPP!!!

hope y'all had a great halloween!!

(sidenote, the shining, both the movie and the book, were quite disappointing, just so you know)

this is Hogwarts au, John and Sherlock are in their sixth year, and its exam time

The exam for Defense the Dark Arts was a bit odd. 

The teacher this year was a bit weird, so naturally the exam would be too. 

The class got put into pairs, and were sent through a maze. They had to work their way out, using their combined skills and ability to work together. 

Thankfully, Sherlock was paired with his best friend, John Watson, Gryffindor, and Sherlock's long time crush. 

The two entered the maze, wands out. 

Sherlock looked around. The pair was heading in at sunset, so they would need to use lumos soon if they wanted to see. 

"What do you think we're going to see?" John asked, breaking the silence. 

"I don't know. Probably some of the more dangerous creatures, since this exam is meant to challenge us." Sherlock answered.

"Hopefully not too challenging, I'd like to be back in time to get my Astronomy chart finished."

"You haven't finished it yet?" Sherlock accused. 

"Sorry I'm not a genius like you!" John retorted, and sped up a bit so he's walking a bit ahead of Sherlock. He turned the corner, and froze. 

Sherlock rushed to catch up, and turned the same corner to see himself laying on the ground, blood pooling around his head and flowing towards John's feet. 

"John..." Sherlock trailed off, looking at the Boggart. "Use riddikulus. Think of a happy memory." Sherlock instructed. 

"I c-can't." John stuttered quietly, not meeting Sherlock's eyes, his glued to the body, his face paling. 

"John, you can do this." Sherlock urged. 

"Sherlock." John's voice cracked, and tears fell down his face. 

Sherlock closed his eyes, trying to bring a happy memory to light. 

It's fourth year. 

Sherlock and John had been friends for three years now, the two closer than ever. 

The Triwizard Cup had been chosen to happen at Hogwarts that year, and John had begged any seventh year that would listen to put his name in the Cup. 

Sherlock nearly had four heart attacks each time some seventh year nearly said yes. 

The Hogwarts student who was actually chosen nearly won, only loosing because her time in the second trial was longer than the winner. 

Sherlock had turned to John, after they announced the winner, and frowned, knowing that John had wanted Hogwarts to win. 

"Sorry that we lost." Sherlock had apologized, but John had just smiled, and quickly pressed a kiss to Sherlock's cheek. 

"It wasn't so bad." John had smiled, before heading back to his common room. 

Sherlock broke himself out of the memory and cast riddikulus.

The boggart disappeared, and Sherlock turned to John. 

"John. Look at me, please. It wasn't real. I'm right here." Sherlock comforted, grabbing his friend's shoulder, and forcefully turning John to face him. 

John's eyes were clear and steady as he reached up to cup Sherlock's cheek and brought their lips together. 

"You're here." John replied, and kissed Sherlock once more. "Now, come on, we have an exam to complete."

Sherlock spluttered for a moment, his face burning up. John turned back and grabbed Sherlock's hand, tugging him forward. Sherlock stumbled a bit, before righting himself, blushing furiously. 

"Are you- are you alright?" Sherlock asked. 

"Thanks to you." John smiled, and brushed his hand across Sherlock's cheek. Sherlock was sure he had never blushed more than he had in these two minutes. 

"Of course." Sherlock answered. John squeezed his hand and the two started walking through the maze again, not letting go of each other's hands, not even when they left the maze. 

Is it a good ending??? I dunno, but I need food, so that's where it's ending. 

please vote, share, comment any ideas, ships, tropes you want to see!!

(FOR NEWBIES I DONT DO INCEST OR PEDAPHELIA OR SMUT SORRY BUT ACTUALLY NOT SORRY)

and check out my other stories!!

XOXO Valkyrie