Supernatural AU

Wow, Valkyrie, another SPN AU? 

Well, I like them so suck it. Also, this is a Sabriel highschool AU, and it has self-harm mentioned, so please, if that makes you uncomfortable please, don't read. 

In this, Sam is 16, and Gabe is 17

Cas and Dean are both 20 but they're side characters. 

Enjoy!!!

Sam's POV

The car finally pulls into the driveway. I let out a sigh of relief, and scramble out the back seat.

Dean meets me at the trunk, grinning.

"How's it feel to be back?" Dean asks. I shrug, pushing down bad memories.

"Are you looking forward to seeing Cas again?" I ask, changing the subject. Dean shakes his head excitedly. He and Cas had been best friends since birth almost. They kept in touch when we moved, and Dean had been texting him obsessively in the car here.

"Yeah. Actually, if we ever finish unpacking, I'm gonna head over to the Novak's. You wanna come?" Dean asks. I shake my head.

While Dean and Cas kept in touch, me and my best friend had a major falling out. Gabriel Novak. Cas's younger brother, my former best friend.

"You sure?" Dean asks, breaking me out of my thoughts. I nod, and grab a box from the trunk and make my way to our house.

I set my stuff down in the first room with a bed, and bring the rest of my boxes in, before collapsing on the bed, letting the memories envelop me.

THREE YEARS AGO-SEVEN DAYS BEFORE THE WINCHESTERS MOVE

"Hey, Dean, have you seen Gabriel? He hasn't answered any of my calls, I'm worried about him." I ask. Dean looks up from his phone, where I'm pretty sure he's Skyping Cas and shakes his head.

"Sorry, little bro, I haven't," Dean replies apologetically. I nod and head down to the kitchen to ask my dad, who hasn't seen Gabriel either.

I grab my coat and walk out the door, determined to find him.

I go to all our favorite places, behind the school, the park, but no sign of Gabe. I'm just about to go to the Novak's, ask around when my phone starts ringing.

Unknown number. I shrug and answer it.

"Is this Sam Winchester?" A lady asks.

"This is him?" I reply, nervously.

"I'm Dr. Ellen, I work at the Lawrence Hospital. I'm calling because you're listed as your brother's emergency contact." My breath leaves my lungs.

"Wha-what happened?" I stammer.

"He's been in a car accident. He'll be alright, but he's still unconscious." Ellen informs me. I nod, before realizing she can't see me.

"I'm coming now," I say and hang up the phone.

On the way there, I call Gabriel.

It goes straight to voicemail. "Hey, Gabe. I just- Dean's been in a car accident, and it's not serious, bu-but I would really like you to be here, and I- I just, please. Meet me at Lawrence Hospital." I end the voicemail and run the rest of the way to the hospital.

***

I push open the double doors and skid to a stop by the receptionist's desk.

"Sam Winchester, I'm here to see my brother." I pant.