Motivation (Supernatural)

yes another destiel fic!!!

(credit to @/ah-syddlesticks on Tumblr) 

im so sorry its been so long, ive had little to no motivation (Eyyy) to write nowadays

i'll try to update more regularly, but i also wouldn't count on it

okay enjoy

Day 1

Dean couldn't move.

Tears fell down his eyes, and he rakes his hands through his hair, one thought running through his head, over and over and over.

I love you I love you I love you I love you

And I'll get you back.

Day 5

"See, that's not who I am. That's not who we are." Dean says, words echoing in his brain.

But, Dean holds it together, for Sammy, for Jack, and for Chuck, lying on the ground defeated.

Dean refused to let Chuck win, refused to let Chuck see that Dean was too broken to go on living.

Day 10

"Dean, you need to go to sleep." Sam walks in, hair ruffled from sleep. "It's one in the morning."

"I'll go to sleep in a bit." Dean replies, taking a drink of his coffee.

"Dean, this isn't healthy. You don't sleep, you don't eat. You just sit here and read." Sam says. "We'll get him back, Dean, we'll get Ca-"

"Don't say his name!" Dean exclaims, tears pricking at his eyes. "Just... don't."

Sam sighs, and goes back to his room.

Dean rests his head in his hands, and starts crying.

Day 17

"I can't find anything!" Dean shouts, pushing the books off the table.

"Dean, calm down."

"Don't tell me to calm down!" Dean refuses to let himself cry, not in front of Sam and Eileen, he won't.

'Dean, we'll get him.' Eileen signs.

"It's been two weeks! We haven't found anything! He's gone, Sam, he's gone." Dean slams his fists on the table, before storming out of the room.

Day 21

Dean hasn't moved in three days. He's locked himself in his room, with more bottles of liquor than any one man should drink, and is moving through them at an unhealthy pace.

Both Sam and Eileen have stopped by the door to give updates, but it's all nothing.

It's not worth it.

Cas is gone.

And there's nothing Dean can do about it.

Day 26

"Jack. I wouldn't be asking if it wasn't important, but can you bring Cas back. I know you said you wouldn't be hands on, and I respect that, I do, but it's Dean. He's lost it. He doesn't have the motivation to do anything. Something happened when Cas died, it broke Dean, so please, Jack, can you bring him back." Sam prays.