We're Closed But You're Cute (Supernatural)

Hiiii!!! 

i had a brilliant idea, and i know its election night, but i had to write it

so its an au, where cas owns a bookstore, and dean needs to find a book for his younger brother

Cas's POV

I'm closing down the store when I hear a frantic knock on the door. I set down the stack of books I'm carrying and head over to the door. 

"I'm so sorry, I know you're close to closing time, but-"

"We're actually already closed." I interrupt, my eyes roving over the stranger. He has freckles, candy apple green eyes, and spiked light brown hair. 

"It'll just take a minute. I've been all over town, my brother needs a book for school." The man begs. 

I sigh. "Just five minutes." I relent and open the door wider, letting the man step inside. 

"I'm Dean. Dean Winchester." Dean holds out his hand and I shake it. 

"I'm Castiel. My friends call me Cas." I grab Dean's hand, and sparks shoot up my arm. 

"Nice to meet you, Cas." Dean smiles, and my heart feels all fluttery. 

I can't believe this. One look at this man and I feel on top of the moon. This can't be happening. 

I'm not the type of person who, who feels things about anyone. At least not from a handshake.

"What type of book are you looking for?" 

"He's reading Beloved. For English." Dean explains. 

"Oh! I had to read that book too. It's a classic."

"It was boring, but classic is another word." Dean smiles a crooked smile, and I laugh, my face turning red, and lead Dean through the bookshelves, trying to find where I shelf my classics. 

"To Kill A Mockingbird, Bluest Eye, Song of Solomon." I mutter to myself. I stand back up. "I can't find Beloved, we'll have to order a copy."

"I need it for tomorrow." Dean says frantically. "My dad dropped me off, I can't get to any other stores."

 "I could drive you to Barnes and Noble. They'll have a copy." I suggest, pulling my keys out of my pockets and twirling them around my pointer finger.

"Really? That would be amazing." Dean exclaims, relief flooding his green eyes. I grin. 

"Let me finish locking up, and then we can go." I tell him, heading back to my desk. Dean follows me, filling the otherwise silent bookstore with near mindless chatter, about how Sam was going to be a lawyer, how their father was never home, Dean's father's car, fondly nicknamed Baby. 

Cas loved it. He was so often alone in his bookstore, it was a nice change to have someone, even if they barely know each other. 

"Done!" Cas announces, and Dean pauses his story. 

"Thank you so much for doing this again." Dean says as they make their way out on the street, into the slightly brisk autumn air. 

I unlock the car, and Dean and I get in. 

I start the car, and we drive down the street, and onto one of the bigger streets to head to the nearest Barnes and Noble.

***

I pull into a parking space, and Dean and I get out and walk into the bookstore. 

"Alright, Beloved, Beloved, Beloved." Dean repeats, looking around like he's never been in a bookstore before. 

"Beloved would be in the back, Dean. Have you never been here before?" I tease, grabbing Dean's arm and leading him to where Toni Morrison books would be shelved. 

There is nobody else in the bookstore, and as we walk down the shelves, it's my turn to ramble on about the books I'd read, or heard of, or fun facts about the authors.

Dean listens attentivley, even sparing second glances when he hears something interesting. 

Eventually we made it to the back of the bookstore, and I quickly find Beloved and hand it to Dean. 

"Oh, yes! Thank you so much, Cas!" Dean jumps up and wraps his arms around me, elation written over his face. 

I grin and mimic the hug, insticivly burrowing my face in the crook of Dean's neck. 

"Anytime." I whisper. 

I break apart and Dean and I walk to the register in silence, Dean breaking the silence only when we've left the store. 

"So, I was wondering, maybe we could do this again, sometime?" Dean asks. 

"Hunt for books in a bookstore?" I tease. 

"Hang out." Dean blushes, and I grin. 

"I would love too."

"Great! I'll pick you up from your bookstore next Friday?" I nod eagerly. 

"I look forward too it." Dean grins widely and we walk to the car, talking about nothing, and everything, and it's wonderful

TADAAAAAAA

i hope you liked this one, it was so fun!! i love bookshop aus and i never write enough of them

please vote share comment any ideas, ships, tropes you want to see!!!!

thanks for reading!!

XOXO Valkyrie