Chapter 85

*Aston's POV*

I pulled up outside Marvin's house.. His car was gone, as I'd expected. We were supposed to be at work in 5 minutes. Chloe's car was also here, which meant she'd spent the night here. I took a few deep breaths, before opening the car door and climbing out. I followed the path up to the house, and knocked on the big black door. I heard the bolt on the other side unlock, and the door swung open. Nikki stood there in her pyjamas. She pulled a disgusted look at me, as if I was a piece of crap she'd stepped in.

'What do you want?' she said bluntly.

'I want to speak to Chloe' I said.

'She's not here' she told me.

'Nikki, don't lie to me, her car is parked outside'

'She went out for a walk' she said.

'Fine.. I'll wait in my car until she gets back' I said, walking back to my car. I heard the front door slam shut as I climbed back into my car.

After half an hour, and plenty of calls from the boys to see why I wasn't at work, there was still no sign of Chloe. I looked up at the windows upstairs. One of the front windows was open.. It was one of the spare rooms. I could see someone moving inside the room, but I couldn't make out who it was. I called Chloe's phone, but put 141 in front of the number, so my number would be blocked. It rang three times, before she picked up.

'Hello?' she said. It felt amazing to hear her beautiful voice again.. Even though she sounded upset.

'Hello?' she repeated herself. I heard her sigh down the phone, before she hung up. I then looked back up at the window, to see the person in the window walk towards the window and place a phone on the windowsill. It was Chloe! Nikki had lied, Chloe was there all along.

I leaped out the car, almost falling over. I ran up to the door and banged on it, hard. Nikki opened it again, this time in her dance uniform.

'Aston, I already told you, she isn-' she started, but I interrupted her.

'Nikki, I saw her in the window, don't lie to me' I said, angry that she had done in the first place. Yeah, she was trying to help out Chloe, but this really didn't have anything to do with her. It was our business. As she took in what I just said, she quickly went to close the door, but I stopped her.

'Let me in!' I said.

'No, you've already done enough damage!' she yelled. I pushed the door open, and barged into the house.

'Get out, or I'll call the fucking police!' she shouted.

'You can do what you want, I don't give a shit what you do' I said, ignoring her threat and running up the stairs, Nikki running after me.

'GET OUT!' she screamed, thumping my back. She had quite a strong punch, it stung a little bit, but it wasn't something I couldn't handle.

'Nikki, what's going on?' I heard Chloe say from her bedroom. She opened the door, and our eyes met. Hers quickly filled with tears.

'What do you want?' she spat.

'Chloe, please, just let me explain myself' I sighed.

'Why? Why the fuck should I listen to you?' she asked.

'I'm calling Marvin' Nikki said, dashing off down the stairs. Both me and Chloe ignored her though..

'Babe, I-' before I could finish the sentence, she slammed the door shut and locked the door.

'Chloe, please come out..' I sighed. I could hear her crying on the other side.

'Fine, don't come out, but just listen to me, please. I know I've been going out really late recently.. And it's perfectly understandable that you assumed I was having an affair, anyone would. But I swear to you, that's not why I've been going out late. I love you so much more than you'll ever realise. After everything we've been through together, we're even closer. I've nearly lost you several times, and I hate to think what my life would be like without you.. I want to spend the rest of my life with you Chloe, until we're old and wrinkly' I could feel myself welling up at this point. 'I want to make you mine, and only mine, so we'll never be apart, ever. I've been going out late because I've been arranging a surprise for you. This isn't really the way I wanted to tell you, but.. I was arranging my marriage proposal to you. I was making it really special, which is why it was taking so much organising, and I was going out so much. So Chloe.. Will you marry me?' I asked, pulling the box out of my pocket and going down on one knee, hoping she'd open the door. I heard the bolt unlock, and she slowly opened the door. She was still crying. She placed her hand over her mouth as she looked down at the engagement ring I'd gotten her.

'Well?' I sniffed, still crying myself.

'Yes' she grinned, her eyes meeting mine. I grinned with her as I stood up and slipped the ring onto her finger; a perfect fit. She stared down at it, before staring up into my eyes. She leaned forwards and placed her lips on mine. As we shared a magical kiss, we started to back up into her room. I slammed the door shut behind us and locked it. She kissed my neck, causing me to breathe heavier. I placed my hands on her waist and moved us over towards the bed. She laid down, pulling me on top of her. Our clothes were soon shed, leaving us both naked.

'We still trying for a baby?' I asked her. She nodded, smiling. It was a good thing she was still up for it, I had no protection on me. I slowly slipped myself inside her, making us both gasp and smile with pleasure.

'Make love to me, Ast' she smiled at me, reaching up and placing her hand on my cheek. I grinned and began moving, starting off the most meaningful sexual experience we'd ever shared.