Chapter 75

*Aston's POV*

'That's it baby, let it all out' I said as I rubbed Chloe's back, whilst she was being violently sick.. For the thirteenth time since her chemo.
'Aston, I hate this' she whimpered, as she started to cry.
'I know baby, I know..' I sighed, pulling her into me, resting her head on my shoulder as I stroked her hair. As I stroked her hair, it began to fall out in small pieces in my hand.. I didn't want to mention it to her, as I didn't want to upset her even more.
'Come on, go back to sleep' I said, leading her through to the bed she was spending the night in.
'Will you get in with me?' she asked.
'Babe, I'm not supposed to' I sighed.
'Please?' she pleaded.
'Okay then' I smiled, slipping under the sheets with her, resting her head on my chest.
'That's better' she whispered.
'Get some rest' I said, kissing the top of her head. Within minutes, she was breathing in and out deeply, sound asleep.

My eyes flickered open, feeling an empty space next to me. I heard a spluttering noise in the bathroom.. I rushed in to see Chloe throwing up, but this time she was coughing up blood.. She also had quite a few bald patches on her head now. I pulled her remaining hair out of her face as she finished up.
'Ast' she whimpered, pure fear in her voice.
'Should I call the nurse?' I asked. She nodded, before washing her mouth out. I went back into our room and pressed the orange button above her bed.. Within a couple of minutes, there was a knocking at the door. I answered it to see a nurse stood there.
'Is everything okay? You called' she said.
'Yeah, come in' I said, opening the door up for her to come in.
'What's the problem?' she asked Chloe.
'I.. I just threw up blood' she said, tears in her eyes. I sat on her bed next to her and hugged her tight.
'That's perfectly normal, don't worry about it.. It happens to some patients. But if your throat starts to sting afterwards, then you should call for a nurse again.. Okay?' she smiled.
'Okay' Chloe nodded.

'Come on, back to sleep now' I whispered to her once the nurse had left the room.
'Why me Aston?' she asked.
'What do you mean?' I asked her, not too sure what she was getting at.
'Why did I get cancer? Why not some really horrible person, like a murderer, or rapist.. Am I a bad person?' she asked.
'No, of course you're not a bad person! You're the most beautiful, caring, loving and unselfish person I've ever met, okay? And I love you with all my heart' I smiled at her.
'Life isn't fair' she sighed.
'I know gorgeous, I know..' I frowned.
'Or maybe it is.. Life found you for me' she smiled, looking up at me.
'Go to sleep' I smiled.
'Night' she yawned.
'Night.. Or morning, more like. It's nearly 3am' I chuckled.
'Morning then' she smiled, closing her eyes and drifting off to sleep once more.