Chapter 5

*ring ring, RING RING*

I opened my eyes slowly. I was laid in Marvin's arms with a blanket wrapped around us. I must have been laid in a funny position, because my neck was aching like mad! Marvin's phone was ringing, and was on the floor. Marvin was snoring loudly and didn't seen like he was going to wake up anytime soon. I gently moved his arms to climb out of them. By now, his phone had stopped ringing. Once I was on my feet, I placed his arms on his knees and kissed his forehead. I picked up his phone off the floor.

[8 missed calls - Ast]

[11 new messages - Ast]

Aston must not have had a clue where Marvin was, so must have been really worried. I didn't have Aston's number, so called him from Marvin's phone to explain where he was.

Me - M Aston - A

A - Marv?! Where are you? I've been worried sick!

M - Woah, Ast! Calm down! Marvin's fine!

A - Chloe? Is that you?

M - Yeah. Did Marv not tell you he was coming round to mine yesterday?

A - No, I hadn't seen him since I left the house to bring you your phone back.

M - Oh, right. Well, I was off work with a tummy ache yesterday, and I was bored and on my own, so Marvin came round to keep me company and we both fell asleep.

A - Oh.. Okay

M - He's asleep right now, do you want me to wake him up so you can speak to him?

A - No, its fine.

M - Alright then

A - Bye!

M - Bye

Aston hung up. I looked over at Marvin; he was still asleep. I placed his phone next to him on the sofa, and wrapped the blanket around him a little tighter. My belly rumbled. I decided I better have some breakfast, so I headed to the kitchen to make myself a fry up.

I ate my fry up and sat at the kitchen table with a glass of water and my phone. I was just texting my friend back in LA. I was sat quietly when all of a sudden;

'BOO!' Marvin slammed his hands on my waist, and I almost shot through the roof.

'MARV, DON'T YOU EVER FUCKING DO THAT AGAIN!' I yelled at him, trying to get my breath back. Marvin was in fits of laughter. I narrowed my eyes at him. In the corner of my eye, I saw the glass of water on the kitchen table. I grabbed it, and chucked it all over Marvin. His expression changed from that of a immature giggling child to someone who looked like they'd just stumbled across a dead body. It was now me in fits of laughter. Marvin was still in shock, but then a smile crept onto his face. He lunged at me, but I jumped out of the way. He almost tripped over, which made me laugh even more. He lunged at me again, so I ran out of the kitchen. He chased me around for a while. I ran back into the kitchen, and ran around the table. Marvin followed, but slipped on the puddle of water from where I had threw water at him. I fell on his back and his head slammed into the floor. It seemed to happen in slow motion.

'MARV!' I shouted. I rushed over to him. He sat up. The first thing I saw was blood in the puddle of water, and blood slowly dripping from the back of his head.

'I'm fine' he said. He placed his hand on the back of his head, and winced slightly.

'No your not, I'm calling an ambulance' I said, as I grabbed my phone from the kitchen table.

'Babe, I'm honestly okay' he faked a smile. I ignored him, and continued to talk to the man on the other end of the phone. When I'd finished talking, I put my phone in my pocket. By now, Marvin had started to try and get up. He stumbled slightly, so I grabbed hold of him and helped him onto a chair.