Chapter 35 - Beginning the Search for Tsunade

Start from the beginning

He wore his usual clothing, consisting of a green kimono shirt with matching pants, red geta, a red haori with two simple yellow circles on each side, and a black belt. Under his clothes, he wears a mesh armour that shows out of his sleeves and pants legs, and he wears hand guards and a scroll on his back. This man was one of the Sanadaime's three students and one of the two that remained loyal to the Hidden Leaf. He was the Toad Sage, one of the Three Legendary Sannin of the Second Shinobi War and one of Konoha's strongest shinobi ever produced.

Said man was current standing at the gate writing something down in his notebook with a perverted giggle. He was working on his next book, Icha Icha: Onsen, and would probably have to do more research to get a solid direction for the smut. He giggled perversely at that thought with a little bit of blood dripping down his nose. He pulled out of his perverted fantasies at the shout of his name.

"HEY! PERVY SAGE!" a loud voice called out catching his attention.

A tick mark formed on Jiraiya's forehead as he turned to approaching genin. "Don't call me that, you brat!" he exclaimed.

"Well, you are a pervert." Naruto pointed out as he got closer to his master.

"I'm not a pervert." Jiraiya replied. "I'm a super pervert!" he said, striking a pose.

"Right." Naruto deadpanned.

"Tch. You ready to go brat?" Jiraiya said as he tucked his notebook into his shirt.

"YOSH! I was born ready!" he said with excitement in his eyes.

Jiraiya chuckled at the kid's enthusiasm as he began to walk toward the village entry gates. They both showed their ninja I.D. and mission scroll before having a small exchange with Izumo and Kotetsu. Once they departed, they kept going down the main road that led to the village. Naruto talked animatedly as they journeyed out of Konoha territory. Jiraiya only half listened and chuckled every now and then at something the boy said. He reminded him a lot of Kushina. The woman was a motor mouth that wouldn't stop talking unless something was in it. He giggled at his innuendo. Man, he missed spying on his student and his girlfriend. The girl was real screamer in the sheets.

Naruto heard a small perverted giggle escape from his mouth and subtly frowned. He wondered what was so goddamn funny. 'Probably thinking of something perverted again.' he thought to himself before he turned to look up at his sensei.

"Eh, Pervy Sage? Where are we going anyway?" Naruto asked.

"We're going on a special mission to retrieve a very important person to our village." Jiraiya answered.

"You mean like how we had to escort that bridge builder in the Wave?" Naruto asked.

"......right." Jiraiya said, not really knowing what the kid was talking about.

Naruto nodded before his eyes began to spark with excitement once more. "Oh, are we going to have fight bandits and beat up a bunch of bad guys?" he began to question. "Is the person a rich noble or some princess or-"

"No, Naruto." Jiraiya said, pausing the kid before his imagination ran too wild. "We are just looking for her. It's a simple mission that will only require accompaniment. Nothing more, nothing less."

"Oh...." Naruto said a little dejectedly with his shoulders slumped.

Jiraiya looked down at the kid and chuckled. He remembered when he used to be that eager and excitable. Ah, the good old days.

"Say, how old are ya kid?" Jiraiya asked.

"I'll be 12 in a few months." Naruto answered. "How old are you?"