46.

A U S T I N' S P O V :

I went looking for Gwen cause she's taking too long to come back. Then I saw her in the garden a little further from the crowd. But she's not alone, betty is with her. So I walk near them and got furious to what I've heard.

"So you think Austin is really in love with you? Wake up, bitch. Your just another play thing." I heard betty said, and it sounds like she's in rage.

"Who's another play thing?" I butted in, I notice how the two of them got startled in my unexpected presence.

"Austin!" Betty said as she turn around and look at me.

"Answer me!" I exclaimed. As Betty got a little afraid.

"Austin, she's been seducing you all along." She said in her misty eyes. "I know you're just playing with her, right?"

"No, I'm not." Austin answered calmly. "Com'on Gwen. Let's get out of here." Then I turn around and start walking away. I don't want to shout at her or to say something harsh to her infront of Gwen. Cause I don't want her to get disappointed. But I'll take a mental note to talk to Betty about this. I don't want anyone humiliating or talking that way to Gwen. They'll pay for it.

I can feel Gwen is already at my back.

"Don't go near her! She has no right to talk to you like that." I said.

"Maybe she has." She replied.

"What?"

"Maybe she has the right to get jealous. You kissed her last week." She replied. I look at her and I saw a kept emotion.

"What are you talking about?" I got a little confused. I remember kissing her months ago. But not last week.

I frowned then I remember that Betty kissed me last week. The morning after talking to couch, in the bleacher. That bitch.

"I didn't kiss her. She kissed me. There's a big difference." I explained.

"There's no difference when in fact, you let her kissed you."

"What the hell is this?" I exclaimed.

"Okay let's not talk about this. Maybe am really am just another play thing."

What the fuck! I don't know how to explain things. Cause I am not used to doing that. But I don't want her to think that way. But how?

I just turn around and walk again. I'll think later how will I explain things to her without so much of confessing my whole feelings for her. As much as I don't want her to think that I am just playing with her, I also don't want her to think that I am so deeply and madly in love with her. Even if I really do. My pride can't take it.

"Wait, Austin! Where are we going?" She asked, as she follows me to where my car is.

"Home." I said.

"You're driving me home already?" She ask again.

I stop walking as we reach my car. I turn around and look at her intently. She's so damn beautiful, my girl, how can I send her home just like that?

"No, my home. Let's talk there. It's too noisy and crowded in here." I said. Maybe I really have to confessed everything to her if I really want her to stay. "Get in the car."

She did not complain. She just went inside my car as I did and drive to my home.

The drive is as silent as it can be. Then I hold her hand, and she doesn't budge, an indication that she's not angry. I glance at her. She's looking outside the window.

"Does Ronald know?" I ask to break the silent.

"That?" She asked not even looking at me.

"That we're together now, for real!" I replied.

"Are we?"

What the!!

"You kissed me in the field infront of everybody, we eat dinner with my family, aren't we already officially in a relationship?" I asked in confusion.

"You kissed girls anywhere. So does Betty. Is that mean you're also in relationship with them?" She asked and look at me waiting for my answer.

"But you're different." Are we back to square one? "And I already told you that I like you."

I waited and she did not answer. Until we reach home and we both go down.

It's still early, that's why the helpers are still awake. Instead of going to my room, I went to wine cellar and open one of my mothers red wine.

"Sit" I said. Gesturing her to sit by my side in our bar high chair. She did. And gave her a glass of wine.

"So we went here to drink?"

"I didn't know that you're already like this." I said not even bothering to answer her question.

"What?" She asked

"We made love days ago and kiss me infront of everybody today. And you're telling me that we're not in a relationship yet. When in fact everyone thought that we are." I said in one breathe and start drinking on my glass. "Who do you think you are? Playing with my feelings huh!"

"I am not. I am just confuse with whatever relationship you have with Betty." She exclaimed.

"Confuse with me and Betty? Or you're confuse with me and Ronald?" I smirked without humour. "You can't choose from the two of us, right?"

_____
__________
_____

💋